Chapter 6

Dear Ricky,

                         I was a fool to think that your disappearance was just an accident.

When I opened your computer, I didn't see anything at first. A picture from my prom that I forced you to attend with me covered your homepage.

I quietly gasped as I remembered the memory vividly.

*flashback*

Today was the day of my prom. You were a couple of years older than me, and I didn't want to be immature by asking you to go to prom with me, so I had planned on attending alone.
I put on my necklace from you and hop into my dress. My hair was in light curls as they bounced against my dress.
Dress:

I put on my matching heels and walked downstairs

As I turned the corner I saw you, with a matching blue corsage.

You were wearing an all black suit and your hair was gelled back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked you confusingly.

"Taking you to prom, a little hurt that your mom had to invite me though" you said playfully rolling his eyes.

I giggled. "I didn't think you would want to come, it's a stupid high school thing" I replied.

"I'd do it for you" you said as I looked into your bright emerald eyes.

I smiled widely as my mom came running around the corner with a camera.

"CHLOE WAIT I NEED PICTURES" she begged.

I rolled my eyes and looked at you.

"I agree Chloe stop trying to leave so quick" you jokingly argued.

I rolled my eyes as we took the pictures my mom so desperately wanted. I hated it, but I looked up at you and your smile couldn't have been bigger. You were so happy to do this for me and please my mom, it was crazy.

*end of flashback*

I looked through all of your photos and documents, but I found nothing. Just times to reminisce on. After hours of looking through everything, I found an interesting email.

Rickygarcia@gmail.com
To:brandonrowland@gmail.com

It's in my office. Don't let anyone see you when you grab it, and tell the others to leave me alone, i'm giving them what they want.

I covered my mouth in silence. What the hell did that mean?
There's not much to know about Brandon Rowland.
He's married to Mackenzie Ziegler and they're expecting a baby in March. The baby is recent so she isn't really showing. He worked with you, and you two were even friends. Did he have something to do with this?
I started digging on Brandon. I went to his workplace and waited until he went inside to put my tracker underneath his car.
Besides tracking him, the only way I can find answers is from Paige.
Mackenzie and Paige were neighbors for a long period of time and they had a close bond, something Mackenzie and I never had as we were only acquaintances.
I got the baby ready and drove us off to Paige's. We arrived at her house and she let me in with a small smile on her face.
"Coffee?" She asked as I nodded, pushing in the stroller. We went to sit down, mugs in our hands.
"So you said this was about Ricky, are there any leads?" She asked.

I thought for a second and then got up. I locked every door and window in her house and closed every curtain she had while she looked at me extremely confused.

Then I went back to sit down. I grabbed my purse and rummaged around to find the letters and a photo of the email. I showed them to her and she looks at them shocked.
"You cannot tell anybody, but I really need your help" I told her with tears brimming my eyes.
She nods quickly.
"Whatever I can do to help" she says.

I smile and bring her in for a hug.
" So what do you know about Brandon? Has Mackenzie said anything to you?" I asked.

She thinks for a second.

"Well she doesn't really like to talk about him because she hates him. He hits her and cheats on her all the time" she says before hesitating.

"What is it?" I say noticing her hesitation.

"Well not many know this, but Mackenzie has been working as a stripper. She got fired from her job and she is worried that Brandon is going to leave her for a younger girl. There's a prenup in their marriage, so she won't get anything, but Brandon doesn't know that she's working there" she says.

I nod before letting her continue.

"And" she says huffing.

"Mackenzie's in love with someone else. He's a bartender at her strip club, but I don't know his name or what he looks like" she finishes.

I frown.

"I'm sorry Chloe that's all I know, I wish I could be of more help" she says.

"No you've done enough, thank you so much Paige, and stay safe, keep all of your doors locked please" I say.

She nods as we hug and I leave her house with the baby. Oh Ricky what have you gotten yourself into?

Love,

Chloe