Chapter 1: Time to Party

Gowther's POV

Ban told the captain to have a party and get drunk just because it was such a nice day outside, (yet we were having the party inside the boar hat but imma just roll with it). I didn't care much so I didn't disagree. I went downstairs and I grabbed the book the I'm currently reading The Hunger Games. I wore a party dress because I thought people would be invited but it was just the sins. Whatever. Diane asked why I was wearing a dress and I said because I thought people were invited. Diane looked at me very confused and said, "Gowther, I mean why are you wearing a dress when you're a boy." Now I was confused, so I didn't answer her question because I didn't know the answer, so we both just sat there in silence which was fine with me because I do that all the time. Although, there was one person I did talk to sometimes which was King. I guess you could say we're best friends, (I'm still trying to figure out this whole emotions thing). I kind of get this weird feeling around King, like there is something fluttering in my stomach. That kind of reminds me of how I used to get around Nadja before we started dating, and before she died. Oh no the memories are coming back...

King's POV

I was just there sipping a lil bit of booze but ya know not too much because fairies get drunk easily. I saw Gowther talking to Diane, and I could sense that it was kind of an awkward conversation since they just sat there in silence looking at each other awkwardly, and then Gowther just walked out the bar. I looked at Diane and thought, I need to stop being such a pussy and just ask her out already. So I walked over to her, but before I could speak she asked me, "King, can you keep a secret.", and I said, "Sure!". Diane said, "I may have a crush on Elizabeth."  I felt sad that she didn't like me back, but happy that she could trust me to keep her secret. I said, "Ok my lips are sealed." She was shocked and she said she was worried of what I would think of her liking a girl. I told her it didn't matter to me about who she liked, and we're still friends either way. I walked back feeling fine surprisingly and knowing that my friendship with Diane had grown stronger.