Chapter 8: The Tea Gets Spilled

Diane's POV

After breakfast, Merlin and I were the only ones still downstairs. I wanted to ask her if Gowther likes King, but I feel like I shouldn't because I don't even know for sure if King even likes him. We both just stared at each other awkwardly. I don't know why she was staring at me though. *and vice versa for Merlin, back to the story*

Merlin's POV 

After this whole staring thing, I had enough, "Diane! Why are you staring at me?! Do you want to have a staring contest or something? If you have anything to say to me, just say it." "Okay.", she said, "I wanted to know if Gowther likes King." "Why?", I asked. 

Diane's POV

"Dude, use your brain for a second. Why do you think I'd want to know? It's because King likes Gowther.", I said, not thinking about it. Damn. Why'd I say that? Well I'm always right when it comes to stuff like that. I felt that Escanor liked Merlin, so I asked him if he did, and he said yes. "He does?", Merlin asked. "Probably.", I said. "Why would you say that if you didn't know for sure, you know what, you're usually right when it comes to stuff like that.", she responded. "Exactly.", I said.

Merlin's POV 

"You know, Gowther might like King too. I know when he likes someone like that, he pays more attention to them.", I told Diane. "So let's set them up.", Diane suggested. I said, "Sure, but we'll need permission from them first." "Permission? They won't let us do that. Especially not Gowther. He isn't so in tune with his feelings if you know what I mean.", she said. Oh yeah, I know what she means. I mean he was trying to drink 3 bottles of vodka because he was upset. "Ok.", I finally gave in, "What should we do?"