-10-

September 30, 2011: Corporate Abduction (The S Files)

The day had started completely normal. Troy, Abed, and Benny had been chilling in the study room, attempting to form a pair of pants out of Twizzlers and hot glue- you know, the usual. That was until the lights came and everything changed. 

At 1:23 they arrived, illuminating the room so fiercely that the trio was blinded, left fumbling about in search of one another. And as soon as they came they had left. However, when Benny checked her watch, the time read 1:30. A whole seven minutes were left unaccounted for. But time wasn't the only thing that was lost.

Abed was missing.

Troy and Benny searched the entire library, even going so far as to venture partially into the vents, but there was no sign of their dear boyfriend. Eventually, the two gave up and settled on the couch in the study room, sinking into its lumpy cushions in defeat.

Sniffling, Benny whimpered, "How will we ever find him? He just vanished!"

"He's just pulling a prank on us," Troy asserted, rising from his slumped position on the couch. "He tried convincing me he was an alien this one time. He's probably just trying to fool you too."

"He wouldn't do that to me, Troy," she argued. Motioning to her watch, she continued, "We lost seven minutes when that light came. I've watched enough X Files to know that means he was actually abducted."

"You mean to tell me some little green guys came in and stole our best friend without us noticing them?" Troy smirked, mocking Benny.

"That is exactly what I'm suggesting," Benny contended.

Troy scoffed, "That's ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous?"

Out of nowhere, their other third had appeared in the doorway of the study room, as if he had never left.

In unison, Benny and Troy cheered, "Abed!"

The two ran to go hug Abed, noticing as they approached that he had changed clothes. The twizzler pants he had been wearing, which matched the twizzler pants Benny and Troy currently adorned, were gone. Instead, he was wearing a blue button-down and khakis: a very un-Abed-like outfit. 

"What are you wearing?" Benny asked, hurt he had already ditched his awesome pants. 

"What do you mean? Only the same thing I wear every day," he laughed, patting her head.

Eyeing him suspiciously, Troy remarked, "Dude, you're acting kind of weird."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Abed laughed again- in a new and unusual way. His new laugh made him seem like an animatronic, like some sort of robot suburban dad. "I'm just regular-old Abed."

"Okay 'regular-old Abed'," Benny sneered, "tell me, what's your favorite movie?"

"My favorite movie?" Abed asked, visibly racking his brain. He admitted, "Well, I can't say I watch many of those. I much prefer watching sports. Golf is the best."