You tell him you self harm

Trigger warning
Me and Tom have been together for over 2 years now and we had just recently moved in together. We got together when I met him at a meet and greet, he asked me on a date and a few weeks later he asked me to be his girlfriend.

He knows everything about me, apart from the fact that I have depression. I have had it for over 5 years but I've never told him, I'm scared that he'll leave me. But that's not the worst of it, ever since I was diagnosed, I have been self harming.

I felt really bad for keeping it from him, we made a promise to always tell each other everything. I could tell that he thought something was going on, so today, I'm going to tell him. It's going to be really hard, but I can't keep it bottled up anymore.

-------------------------------

Right now, I was sitting on the couch nervously fiddling with my fingers while I waited for Tom to come home from set. My heart started to race as I heard the front door open, "Hey love." He said as he walked in, I didn't say anything though, I was too nervous. He came over and sat next to me, "Are you ok?" He asked, worried. It's now or never. "Not really...I need to tell you something."

I felt tears in my eyes as I spoke, "Alright, you can tell me anything." He noticed the tears and rubbed my cheek soothingly, "What's wrong?" "What I'm about to tell you is really hard to talk about, it's something I've been bottling up for a long time." I took a deep breath as the tears started to fall and I started to shake, "It's ok, take your time." "For over 5 years now...I've been suffering with depression."

He looked both shocked and concerned, "Oh love, why didn't you tell me?" "Because, I was scared that you would leave me." He straight away pulled me in to a hug and rubbed my back comfortingly, "I will never leave you." "That's not all of it though..." I trailed off as I pulled away from him and looked down.

He lifted my head back up and looked at me with worry, "You can tell me." He whispered, I took a deep breath, "I'm not sure if I can say it, but I can show you." He looked confused, but when I pulled my sleeve up, he gasped. I looked away as I started to sob, but he quickly pulled me in to another hug as I cried in to his chest, "I'm so sorry you've been going through this for so long, but I'm going to help you. It's going to be hard, but you can do it, I know you can."

He pulled back and looked at me, wiping my tears away and kissing me softly, "I'm so proud of you for telling me though, you're so brave. I love you so much sweetheart." "I'm sorry." I whispered, "No, don't apologise, you have nothing to be sorry for." "I love you so much Tom." "I love you so much more darling." He kissed me again, passionately.

"You'll be ok."