You have an eating disorder

Trigger warning

Me and Tom have been together for over 3 years and have been living together for about a year now. We met on the street, I know, doesn't sound romantic at all, but I had always been a massive fan of Tom and one day when I went out for a run, I bumped in to him. I kept apologising even though he kept saying it was fine, which lead him to asking me for a coffee, I agreed and we got talking and he asked me on a date. Then a few weeks later, he asked me to be his girlfriend.

We know everything about each other, we promised from the start that we wouldn't keep secrets from each other, but there's one thing he doesn't know about me...I have an eating disorder. I've been suffering with bulimia for about 5 months now. It started when we went to the cinema for a date and I had a large popcorn, then went out for dinner, and when we got back home, I looked at myself in the mirror and thought I looked disgusting, which lead me to forcing my fingers down my throat and throwing up. I've been doing it everyday ever since, and Tom hasn't suspected a thing, at least I hope he hasn't.

Right now, it was the morning and I had just woken up, "Morning darling." I heard beside me, sitting up I saw Tom was already dressed, "Why are you dressed already love?" I asked, a little confused, "Don't you remember? We're going out for breakfast." Shit, I felt my face pale and my heart race at that, what am I gonna do? "Are you ok love? You look a little pale." He asked worried, cupping my face and stroking my cheek, "Oh, yeah I'm fine, sorry I forgot, I'll get dressed now." I got up and went to the walk in wardrobe, feeling his eyes on me.

Tom's P.O.V.

Recently I've noticed something off about Y/N, I'm not sure what it is, but when I reminded her of breakfast just now, she almost seemed scared. I need to figure out what's going on, I'm getting worried.

Y/N's P.O.V.

Me and Tom had just arrived at the café, he was holding my hand from across the table and I knew he could feel them shaking from the nerves and lack of food. I could feel him looking at me, "Darling, is everything ok?" He asked, looking at me worried, "Yeah, I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" "Well it's just, I've noticed something's been off about you recently, please talk to me." "Love, I'm fine, ok." He just sighed, but I knew he was going to keep asking.

Our food arrived about 10 minutes later and, even though I didn't want to, I ate it in front if him, knowing full well what I was going to do when we got home.

An hour later

We had just arrived home and I couldn't resist the urge anymore, "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom love." I said, not waiting for his answer and rushing to the bathroom, but not realising that I forgot to lock the door.

I tied my hair up and got on my knees, forcing my fingers down my throat and throwing up everything. Once I finished, I was still on my knees and I heard the door open, and I knew I had been caught, "What are you doing?!" He yelled, looking extremely worried. He rushed over to me and helped me up, pulling me in to his chest as I started to sob, "Why darling?" He asked, rubbing my back. I just shook my head and continued to sob.

He pulled back and took my hand, leading me in to the bedroom and siting on the bed, pulling me in to his lap and wiping my tears away, "Please talk to me sweetheart, why are you doing this to yourself?" I sighed and knew I couldn't hide it anymore, "It's been going on for 5 months, it started when we went to the cinema that night and out for dinner after. When we got home, I looked in the mirror and all I could see was a monster, so I made myself sick, and I've been doing it ever since."

I looked down, feeling ashamed. He lifted my head back up and looked at me with so much concern, "Princess, I want you to listen carefully, you are not a monster, you are absolutely perfect, you're stunning, and it hurts me so much to see you doing this to yourself. I'm going to help you, we'll start off small and slowly built it up, ok?" I just nodded, knowing I didn't have a choice.

He leaned in and kissed me softly, rubbing my thigh soothingly, "You're going to be ok, and I'll always be here to help you, I'm never going anywhere." "I love you so much Tom." "I love you so much more princess."