Kavin!

It looked like and hopefully was a good day as the sun painted tones of beautiful red on a light blue canvas of the sky.

Purvi was jerked from her day-dreaming when she heard that ominous phone ring again. Contemplating her life choices was her passion because she was an over-thinker. Big time.

She picked up the call with a sigh, "hello! CID bureau." Little did she know that this one call was the mark of a new dawn.
The change of a lifetime.

"Hello madam, mai Zomato se delivery leke aaya hu, bureau ke saamne khada hu."

Yes. The change of a lifetime was here. It's called mast khaana.

*

As she picked up the food, she also saw 2 dogs just going at it; humping the fuck outta each other; and she couldn't help but say "katega." :)

She brought the food up and a few other team members came over to help her in setting up the lunch for everybody. Just as Abhijeet and Pankaj were about to steal the Ras Malaai all for themselves, that stupid phone rang again.

Yeah maybe this was the mark of a new dawn?

Anyway, such disturbances had become way too common in the Crime Investigation Department of Mumbai, India. And hauntingly so. There were never any signs of peace in the bureau. The atmosphere was always brimming with urgency and dread.

A hyper-ventilating man was on the other end. He informed the team about a bank robbery, and told them that the robbers had hijacked a bus, and were now trying to run away. Seemed like a regular case.
The only problem were the high stakes. Around 40 innocent lives were at the stake.

The first one to enquire about the call was Sr. Insp. Abhijeet. He was one of the most respected in the branch and a man of his word. 
Close to follow was Sr. Insp. Daya, Abhijeet's best buddy. A man with the strength of a wild bear, and a heart of gold.
Abhi was about 35 and Daya was just a year younger. They had kind of adopted the other officers as their younger siblings, and there wasn't one day when they hadn't acted like annoying elder brothers.b
Everyone except the forensic expert Dr. Tarika and Sub Insp. Shreya, respectively. Obviously.

Tarika was a beauty with brains. She worked under Dr. Salunkhe's expert mentorship. On the other hand, Shreya was a woman with a variety of strengths. The spectrum pretty much matched with that of Daya, making them a perfect couple. Both were in the late 20s, just a few years older than Purvi.

Abhirika and Dareya had been in an official relationship for almost an year now, and they absolutely adored their partners.

*

The team jumped into action as soon as they had all the details. They each popped one Ras Malaai in, and were on the go. They got divided into groups. Sr. Isp. Abhijeet and Sub Insp. Purvi lead one of the teams, and took a car, with Purvi at the wheel.
Other junior officers followed in another car, with Sub Insp. Freddy and Sub Insp. Pankaj leading them. What to say about these two? They act as comic relief every now and then but have their specific skill sets in digital forensics. And their sense of humour definitely helps some when all that you get to think about whole day are the gruesome ways of murder and evidences and blood and revenge and dread and...be frightened.

*

The team started following the bus, and they were joined by a new officer, Sr. Insp. Dushyant midway. This was going to be his first case, and he had no plans of disappointing anyone.

The officers couldn't fire at the bus because the hijackers had kept innocent civilians at gunpoint.

And everyone is confused when abhijeet announces that a CID officer is going to enter the bus on his countdown, because all the officers were in the car with him. Purvi asks him who that is, to which he replies that a new cop, Sr. Insp. Kavin, is already on the bus's roof, ready to enter the bus.

On 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Kavin removes his shades and throws them away (yeah he's all about style 😉). He jumps down and kicks the goon guarding the gate.
____________________

The hijackers had been shot in the ordeal that followed. It wasn't what the officers had intended to do, but the criminals had opened fire on them, and they could do nothing but indulge in cross firing.

Kavin had hurt his head in the process, so he was getting his first aid done, along with a few other passengers who had been hurt a little, while some other officers tried to retrieve any important documents or clues they could find with the corpses of the criminals. So far, they had only found their cell phones.

That's when he saw Purvi. She was dressing the wounds of a kid and an old uncle(the ones who had been held at gunpoint).
He heard her telling the kid a pretty fuddu story about 2 dogs that she saw humping that day...??? Tf??(because she was trying to divert his attention while the nurse was trying to give him a tetanus injection and he was scared of the needle).

He found himself getting lost in her voice and story, listening very intently, as if he would be able to know more about her just by hearing her voice. But the only thing he could hear making noises which he could only assume were dog-fuck-noises.

He could see the CID badge on her waist and was happy(?) knowing that they were going to work together. Definitely intrigued though.

*

The officers filed into their cars and left for the bureau, hoping to finally eat those rajma bitches.

This was definitely the change of a lifetime. 

It's called mast Khanna. Kavin Khanna.

Precap: Inspector ________ reporting on duty, sir.

(Not even gonna try to proof-read this. Kaafi fuck kar diya hai maine chapter mein. Majje karo.)