You bitch

The ACP of CID, Mumbai, welcomed Dushyant and Kavin to the CID family when they reached back.
ACP Pradyuman was somewhere in his late 50s, but that wit and that cunning brain hadn't aged a single second. If anything, the years of experience had only made him wiser; his receding hairline a proof of it.

He insisted on conducting a formal introduction for Kavin's and Dushyant's sake, and informed them that the DCP wasn't available at the moment, so they would have to wait to meet him.
Well, nobody really wanted to meet him, so it was all good.

It soon was Purvi's turn to shake hands with him, and so she did. For 5 seconds. Then 5 seconds more. Then another 30 seconds? Ugh. *sorry, the writer has lost count*

His big black eyes stared into her brown ones as he took in her face and form.
She was around 5'3", and even though she looked like a footlong subway sandwich, she could very well be as dangerous as a 16 foot long crocodile when she was on a mission; catching the criminals in her metaphorical jaws like a hungry beast devouring its prey.
Whatever it was, she looked absolutely beautiful to him.

She was assessing him, too. He was handsome, no doubt. 5'11"ish. But more than that, his deep black eyes stood out; like they she had seen them before. 

But of course, who hasn't seen a pair of black eyes before? Fucking Chucky might have those.

He looked and sounded calm and intelligent, but he had some major crackhead vibes going on, which she was definitely rooting for. Who doesn't like an intellectual goofball, after all?

*

ACP soon interrupted, "chalo ab kaafi late ho gaya hai. Thankfully zyaada casualties nahi hui bhale hi hume unhe maarna pada aur sab officers safe hain.

Ab kal milte hain. Mujhe tum sab ko ek naye officer se bhi milwana hai."

*

Next Day:

Purvi hadn't yet come to the bureau.

"Inspector Shaheer Sheikh reporting, sir!"
All heads turned in the direction where the voice had come from.
They saw a young man of about Kavin's age, standing in the bureau's doorway. His chocolate brown eyes flickered from one face to another, while his thick black mane fell to his brows.

(A/N- this is Shaheer Sheikh

(A/N- this is Shaheer Sheikh. I have watched him in two shows: best of luck nikki and kuch rang pyar ke aise bhi, and he seems to be a good actor to play the role I want him to play in this book!)

The formal introduction began. Every officer shook his hand and the senior ones welcomed him to the family.

ACP sir said, "Shaheer, abhi tumhe kuchh aur officers se milna hai jinki aaj chhutti thi. Lekin ek toh abhi aati hi hogi." ("You have to meet a few more officers. Some of them are on leave today. One of them will be arriving shortly.")

Abhijeet exclaimed, "lo aa bhi gayi..." (She's here..) as he turns around to look at purvi entering the bureau.

Purvi saw Shaheer and exclaimed, "you bitchh" and jumped with joy. She ran up to him and hugged him with such a force that they both fell down, with Purvi on top of Shaheer, while he continued to laugh and smile at her childishness.

Everybody was confused when they saw tears starting to well up in purvi's eyes, "tu bohot bura dost hai. Mujhe kabhi nahi batata apne plans ke baare mein. Pehle toh mujhse teen saal se milne nahi aaya. Ab tune mumbai transfer liya aur mujhe bataya bhi nahi. I am not talking to you ever again." 

Shaheer replied, "arre sorry bhai. Pichhle hafte hi sir ne meri TC application accept kari. Toh maine socha tujhe surprise de diya jaaye."
As he says this, he again hugs Purvi, and she hugs him back.

Abhijeet exclaimed, "arrey bhai koi hume bhi bataayega yahaan pe chal kya raha hai!?"
*Irritating elder brother mode on*

So Purvi explained that she and Shaheer used to be neighbours and had grown up together. He had gone to Delhi 3 years ago, to join CID, Delhi. Purvi was 2 years younger than him, so she was still getting trained in Mumbai. After completing her training, she decided to join the Mumbai branch only, because of her father's ailing health.

Shaheer had applied for a TC a few weeks ago because his mother wanted him to come back as she wanted him to get married now. Just everyday Indian mother things.

Concluding that narration, he hugged purvi again and gave her a peck on the forehead lovingly as the other officers smiled seeing the pair. But, nobody noticed one person scowling while looking at them.

Yeah that was defo Kavin.