The Dirty Ride

yEs, i know the title is misleading but apni gandi akal na lagaao. Abhi ke liye at least. 😏

Last night had sucked for Shaheer. His tinder date showed upto the cafe with her husband. Apparently he liked to watch...
If that wasn't bad enough, he had been chased into the street by an angry butterfly (he was scare dof butterflies...). It was raining then and now he had a cold which was fucking him up. If that wasn't enough, he was running late for the Department's Meeting.

In stepped a beautiful and confident-looking lady, clad in formal clothes. A shirt and a pencil skirt.
But what caught his attention was that beautiful smile. The confidence and positive energy that she radiated were overwhelming.
They passed each other a polite smile and stood near the opposite walls.

Like any other bollywood clichéd movie, the elevator dinged to alert them that it had stopped working.

Great. Just what I needed right now. Shaheer thought sarcastically.

She spoke up first, breaking the ice after a few seconds, "excuse me, aapke paas watchman ka number hai? Mai yahaan abhi hi shift hui hu toh mere paas toh nahi hai."
Do you happen to have watch-man's number? I have just shifted places so I am still new here.

He replied politely, "I do have it, but the phone wouldn't work in the elevator. There is no network connection here."

She nodded, and that was all. They would have to wait until someone realised that the elevator wasn't working and came to their rescue.

Well he tried to keep her off his mind but after 37 whole seconds when nobody had come, his mind circled back to his simp-side.

Man, her perfume smells so good. Chhee yaar mujhme se kitni gandi smell aa rahi hai iss paseene ki wajah se. I smell so bad because of this stupid sweat. Shit! I'll have to take a bath today. Again!! Kal hi toh nahaaya tha...aaj phir se?! Menu ni nahaana yaar agle hafte tak at least oh god!
Khush toh bohot hoge aaj tum mwahaha. Mujhe phir se nehlaake!
He chuckled to himself as he did the voice in his head.

I wonder what her name is, though. She seems noice...

His thoughts were interrupted when she spoke up, unintentionally answering his questions.
"I am Pooja Sharma, by the way. Just moved in a day before. Flat 601. And the perfume is from Victoria's Secret."
He introduced himself too, while shaking hands with her, "hi, I am Shaheer. Flat 104. Nice to meet you!"

How did she know mai kya soch raha tha? How did she read my thoughts? Oooooooo jaadoo!! (Magic) Vaise kya choopi movie thi yaar voh. Bachpan mein pata nahi kyun itni pasand thi. Om om om om...I think it was just a stretched out ad for Bourn Vita just like this chapter is, he thought, looking at you.

He subconsciously made the 🖖

She spoke up again, with another beautiful smile of hers, "haan voh toh hai. Bachpan mein meri bhi favourite movie thi 'koi mil gaya', which is weird because looking back, Jaadoo has a nightmare-worthy face." 

She did it again!?!! Kuchh toh serious locha hai!
He moves a little away from her, while eyeing her like a detective, too wary of her.

I wasn't saying it all aloud, was I?

No longer able to control her laughter, Pooja burst out laughing, "yes you were, Shaheer. You just said that you smell bad and don't want to take a bath until the next week. Well if it's any consolation, you don't smell bad."

She kept laughing while Shaheer kept looking at her.
Her laugh was the most melodious sound to have ever hit his ears. Like the ringing of a wind-chime. Like the fleeting clouds. Absolutely effortless.

He was red by now (bukhaar ki wajaah se yaar. Sharam naamak cheez toh sir ji ko pata hi nahi hai). Seeing him in an emotionless state staring at her, Pooja's giggles subsided.
Well, now they were kinda having a staring competition, except it wasn't.
Shaheer's head was just flying over the clouds, and Pooja was trying to figure out what he was thinking. She felt a very wierd connection to him. As if she had seen that red nose somewhere else before. But how could that be? She had just moved to Mumbai. Surely, she couldn't have met him anywhere before. Right?

No there is no backstory here. It was in her playschool colouring book. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Shaheer looks exactly like that. A leeetle more handsome tho. 

Oh well.

A lot more handsome.

But yeah he's a reindeer.

But they were broken out of their sweet reverie when the lift jerked once.

It was kind of like the lift had a dirty mind of its own, because Pooja had now fallen onto Shaheer and their lips were just inches away. Oof. The sexual tension in there could have been cut by a knife; it was so sharp.
Pooja looked up into his honey brown eyes as if she could read them. They were like melted chocolate. (Maine khaa jaani hai yaaar) Something which had been under a lot of pressure, and the final result was too sweet to miss. Maybe that's what Shaheer was, himself. The things that those eyes had seen were too painful, but they also had this small twinkle. They still shined brightly. Full of hidden mischief.
His lips were full. Probably hiding all the unspoken words.
Pooja was too lost in looking at him to care about the running nose!

Those eyes are the two most beautiful orbs I have ever seen. Shit. I should leave his shirt now.
"Yes, you should. And thanks for the compliment," he replied smugly.
Before she could even comprehend what had happened, he continued, "isse pehle ki tum puchhooo...yes, you did say that I have beautiful eyes and that you should leave my shirt, and I don't think it was meant for my ears."

Pooja was embarrassed beyond imagination, but what happened next helped in covering up the creeping blush that she had....

(Okay so Shaheer beemaar hai bechaara aur dawai nahi liya toh subconsciously jo bhi soch raha hai bolta jaa rahaa hai. Phir pooja ji bhi ussme ek dum gum gayi toh apne thoughts bolne lagi aloud. Dono pagle hain chill karna)