Badmaasi

(~ ̄³ ̄)~

Pooja was blushing furiously. I wouldn't blame her though. What else would you expect would happen when a man like Shaheer was there stuck in a lift with her, doing...er, what he was doing...

Well, she was no less, in all honesty.
Humaari chhoriyaan, chhoron se kam hain ke?

This was until the the lights went off.

(Well, this was what helped her to hide the blush, as I said in the previous chapter. But, but, but, what happened next, certainly didn't help her situation.)

Apparently, Shaheer was scared of the dark.
Now you might be confused as to how Pooja knows this.
Well, to answer your question, she also got to know about this trait of his only a few seconds ago....

When he jumped up and hugged Pooja.

*

Saying that she was shocked would be an understatement.
It was like all the electricity running through the building had been in the elevator at that one point, and her heart was the one being electrocuted. The only conducting link was this brown-eyed, ridiculously handsome, stupid, medicine-hating, blabbering mess of a man who probably was sleeping with his eyes open a few minutes ago. Could a man be any cuter? Oh right, he was no ordinary man. Must be an alien of sorts, dammit!

Focus, Pooja, focus. Par bc yeh koi PhD thode hi hai. How the fuck do I focus on this? None of my PhD's are for dealing with this kind of handsome alien!

Still in shock, she had no idea what was expected of her to do in this civil and humane society. So she did what her best friend would have done for her.
She hugged him back.

*

As soon as she hugged him back, Shaheer realised what he had been doing, and that it wasn't Purvi or his mother in the elevator with him. They were the only two people who knew of this phobia of his.

He came out of the embrace and apologized to her.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have hugged you all of a sudden, especially when we don't even know each other well. But I swear I didn't have any ill intentions. Mai bas... I have a phobia of darkness. Nyctophobia. Bachpan se...Not everyone knows about it. Only my best friend and mom."

"umm it's okay...."

(Stop judging her choice of words okay, what else was she supposed to say? Bechaari ko 440 volt ka jhatka laga tha abhi. Tumhe koi Shaheer Sheikh ke saath chhod de toh tumhaara bhi yahi haal hoga, haan nahi toh!)

Oh god she must be thinking I am a horny creep. What the hell shaheer? He wished he could actually facepalm himself, but he'll have to make do with an internal facepalm for now.

But she had been rendered speechless only for a minute; soon she was back to being that confident lady that she was.

"It's okay Shaheer. No harm done. I know what it feels like to be stuck in a helpless situation where you are shit scared. Mujhe bhi heights se darr lagta hai. Acrophobia. Iss baare mein sirf mere bhai aur maa ko pata hai. Just like you."

That did calm Shaheer a bit. At least she wasn't angry or thought of him as a creep.

Phew.

But his relief was short-lived because....that's when she saw it, peeking from behind him, hidden in plain view (yeah oxymoron gooooo)- HIS GUN.

(OH DOUBLE MEANING KE ADVOCATES, GUN MATLAB REVOLVER. VOH WALI GUN NAHI...if you know what I mean)
*Sings "I am a hunter, she wants to see my gun"*