Well, How Does Life Work Now?

Unfortunately, saving the world doesn't always mean a happily-ever-after ending.

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

Alex sat in her bedroom in her parent's house. She looked around at all the bookshelves and their many books. She had worked so hard to grow that collection, and now she rarely even looked at it. She rarely even came into her old, er, new room at her parent's house. Heck, she rarely even came to her parent's house in general. But, she wanted to change that now.

After getting out of the curse the witches had put on her, Alex had been realizing how quickly things could change in her world. She realized that in an instant someone could make her do things she never intended to ever do. She had decided that she was going to try to make the most of life and do what she knew she needed and wanted to do before life was over.

So, here she was, at her parent's house, visiting for a weekend, making the most of life with her family.

"Conner, someone's at the door for you!" Alex heard her mom call from the living room downstairs.

"Coming!" Conner called back.

Alex descended the stairs in time to see Conner peck a kiss on Bree's lips. They had officially become a "thing" a few weeks ago, and Bree was back at their house for dinner for what seemed the millionth time. Thankfully, Bree's mood had lightened a little from when she used to be all tough and self-contained. Alex felt like she could actually talk to her and relate to her. She also felt like she kinda had to since she was her brother's girlfriend.

"Hey, Alex," Bree said as Conner put an arm around her shoulder.

"Hey Bree," Alex said, trying to contain her smile. She turned to her brother. "You know, I remember a boy who used to say that kissing was, what was the word... 'yucky'? Yes, that was the one."

"I hadn't met Bree yet," Conner answered, his cheeks barely rose-tinted. He had worked a lot on his blushing thing.

"You know I asked you not to be mushy," Bree said, feigning annoyance, turning her face up to his.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly, his cheeks flushing more than before. Okay, maybe not so much on the blush thing.

"Do you want to play a board game or something?" Conner asked.

"Sure," Bree said and looked at Alex expectedly.

"Oh, um, have something to do in my room, I'll be down in a few moments," Alex said and started upstairs.

Once in her room, she let her smile slide. She wasn't always very happy when Bree came over. It had nothing to do with Bree, it actually had more to do with Conner. Or Bree, maybe? Probably both.

Ever since Alex had sent Arthur back to Camelot she had missed him more and more every day. Seeing Bree and Conner together was a painful reminder of what she had given up for Arthur to complete some stupid future. She had started regretting forcing him to go back to Camelot and finish his future. She knew why she had done it, and she knew it was the right thing, but whenever she really missed Arthur, like now, she would second guess herself. Why make him finish a future he didn't want?

Because it was his destiny. That was always the answer her mind came to. Stupid destiny.

Alex walked over to her classic shelf and picked up 'King Arthur'. She held it close to her chest and sighed a very dramatic sigh. She just felt like being dramatic. She just felt like being a hopeless romantic. She just felt like being a lovesick teenager.