Life, Where is My Boyfriend?

I will scour the world for you and won't give up until I find you and hold you in my arms.

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

Alex spent the next few days searching the entirety of The Land of Stories for Arthur. She had tried to contact Mother Goose and Merlin, but none came through. She searched every place she could think of in The Land of Stories. She searched aimlessly through the forest. She went without food. She went without sleep, knowing it would be too painful to be in the dream world when Arthur wasn't there. She had tried the first night, but couldn't bring herself to the second night as it was too painful a reminder.

Alex had tried to stop Conner and Bree from helping her, but they insisted. They searched one part of The Land of Stories while she searched the other. Currently, she was in the Charming Kingdom's woods.

She decided to quadruple check all the woods since there was more of a place to hide. That proved to be more difficult than she had expected. For one, she had banished any form of magic from the search, as it could easily be deflected by any sort of spell the kidnapper could conjure. Second, going on foot and horse was a slow way to travel, making the search take much longer than she expected.

-

No one had seen Arthur. Not even a glimpse of him. Not even a little speck of something to go on. Nothing.

Alex was about ready to give up. She had been searching for days. But, she couldn't. Arthur wouldn't give up on her. Never. Ever. So, she wouldn't give up on him either.

"Conner, any word?" Alex asked as she caught up with her brother and Bree. They had been searching off and on with her too.

"Same as last time," Conner said. "I mean, we don't know he's here, why don't we move onto Camelot?"

"Conner," Bree berated him. "You know we can't get to Camelot. And, Alex just wants to be sure she knows that he's not here."

Thank god for Bree. Alex loved her brother, but he definitely did not understand her. All week he had been trying to persuade her that Arthur was somewhere else, and not being helpful by helping. Thankfully, Bree had decided to tag along, and she was keeping him in check.

"I know I just-" Conner stopped short by a glance Bree sent him.

"Conner," she said. "Can we talk for a moment?"

"Sure," he said, shrugging.

Bree led Conner over to a place far enough away that Alex wouldn't hear them.

"What are you thinking?" She berated him.

"What?"

"You know that your sister is under a lot of pressure already by being the Fairy Godmother full-time. Then, she sees her long-lost-boyfriend while visiting you, which she was only doing because of her awful curse from Morina. And now, her boyfriend who she had already resolved was going to be in Camelot safe and sound until she visited you again, is missing! And then she finds out she can't even get to Camelot!"

Bree let her words sink in for a moment.

"Do you think she needs a pessimist brother to comment things like, 'Why don't we move on to Camelot?', when you know we can't get there?"

She let her words sink in again. She kept her voice calm and steady.

"You just remind her of the things she can't do or have." Bree said, and looked at Conner with one of her infamous 'do you really think that's what you should be doing' looks.

Conner sighed. "Well, now that you put it that way, I think I get," he said. "Well, only kind of,"

Bree sighed and kissed him.

"Just please try to remember what you would be acting like if someone took me away and you had no idea where I went."

That was all it took for Conner to blush and nod. Bree knew that he would be more careful from then on with Alex's feelings.

They walked back to Alex who was studying her map.

"I think if we do one more check of the perimeters, then we can move on to a new strategy," she said, never taking her eyes off the map.

"Alright!" Conner said happily. "Let's do it!"

Alex looked at him in surprise, his attitude had definitely changed since two minutes ago.

"I spoke with him," Bree said helpfully.

"Thank you," Alex muttered to her as she brushed her side on the way to her horse.

-

~ edited 25/6/2022