Everything's Dandy, Just Dandy

Smiling is still okay.

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

Alex kissed Arthur on the cheek.

"I can't believe I can go back," he said. During the span of twenty-four chaotic hours and a very weird mishap, they had found out that the book to Camelot had reopened. It was oddly satisfying for Alex to let go of Arthur to his world. She could get back to her duties without his distraction for the moment. And she still had her mystery to figure out.

"I'm glad you get to go back." Alex said, handing him his old clothes. He had obviously changed out of his beat-up clothes from the other day. He was now wearing a set much like them.

"Well, I'm glad he gets to go back so you two can stop making me uncomfortable." Conner said and Bree pecked a kiss on his cheek to make him shut up. He blushed and didn't say another word.

Alex picked the book up off the dresser and laid it on the floor. Arthur kissed her one last very long moment and stepped into it.

-

Alex sat in her chambers that night with a smile. She had come a long way from the curse she had once been under. She was now confident enough to send her boyfriend back to his home world without a frown. She knew it was the right thing. And she always followed the right thing.

Alex walked out of her bedroom and onto the balcony. She looked out into the kingdoms and wondered who had kidnapped Arthur. There was still so much unsolved about everything that had happened over the past few days and Alex was ready to get to the bottom of it. She wrapped her jacket tighter to herself and walked around to the back balcony.

The Fairy Palace held two large balconies. One was located at the front side of the building, and one at the back. The one in the back wasn't used much at all, so Alex was alone when she stepped out.

She looked around. It definitely wasn't the same breath-taking scenery as the front side, but it was still pretty enough. Alex looked out at where the edge of the kingdom would be. She leaned as far as she could off the balcony and peered into the distance. She didn't know why the thought came to her, but she thought about the water of Mermaid Bay. She remembered that the map of The Land of Stories had water all around it. Then she thought about the weird science of the Land of Stories circling Earth and how they collided. That would mean that The Land of Stories would be a circle like the Earth, right? If so, then was all the rest water. That would be a lot of water if it was the same size as Earth.

And these thoughts circled around Alex's head....

And she started to wonder if maybe there was something out there that wasn't water....

Maybe she could find it.....

-

~ edited 25/6/2022