𝘹𝘹𝘪. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳.

"what the fuck have i done," kairi sighed as he fell back onto his bed, letting his body slowly sink in to the old mattress. his arms where sprawled out on either side of him, one clutching his phone in his hand as the screen showed his text messages with katarina.
he pressed his mouth into a straight line as he questioned why he said yes.
why did he say yes?
why'd he make a promise he couldn't keep.
could he back out? surely katarina wouldn't be too disappointed. or maybe she would? he did say he would go to the concert with her, but he just couldn't and she can't understand the real reason why.
how would he explain to her that he had been lying about his identity this whole time?
"i'll show up to the concert and be like surprise, i've been the guy you've been talking to for the past while, now let's go take our seats," a little smile tugged at the corner of his mouth as he contemplated that idea. "no," he groaned. "that wouldn't work at all. she'd probably kill me on the spot."
then kairi got another idea. he could drift away from her. he could stop talking to her and eventually she'd forget about him, right? though the thought of not talking to katarina anymore hurt his heart, he knew it was best for her.
so that's when he started ignoring her.

jane's note
a very short chapter ik but this story is sadly coming to an end, it'll probably finish up in ten or so chapters