𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

"shua-yah, it hurts! stop poking me everywhere!"

"call me joshuji. i like that better."

"okay, joshuji."

jeonghan giggles as he holds onto jisoo's hand.

it's been three months since his suicide attempt. jeonghan had taken about nine days to wake up and heal.

"you're a strong one, do you know that? a strong baby."

"your baby, i hope?"

jisoo leans into jeonghan. "yes. my baby."

"i still have stitches in there, ya know?"

"and i'll bite them off one day. now stop playing around and eat, or i'll do it right now."

jeonghan pretends to shudder as he takes a spoonful of rice.

"jeonghan? jeonghan!" jeonghan's mother rushes in.

jeonghan stares at her coldly. the memories of that fateful night fill his head.

"you left me to die."

"i couldn't help it, dear. your father was threatening to kill us all. i couldn't stay like that."

"so you left me and jungah alone to deal with it?"

his mother takes his hands. "i know i was wrong there. but i want to make it right. meet hangyeol."

jeonghan stares at a handsome man with platinum blonde hair just like his. hangyeol waves at him, so jeonghan does too.

"he's my new fiancé. we're working on having him adopt you and jungah. so we can live a normal life again. all of us, together."

"w-what?" jeonghan blinks.

jisoo hugs him. "you're getting a proper family, han! like you've always wanted."

jeonghan stares at hangyeol. somehow, this man seemed harmless.

"would you really be happy to have me?" jeonghan asks him.

"of course. you sound like a lovely boy, from what your mother tells me."

jisoo pouts at the man. "i've heard that accent before..."

"it's your own accent, idiot," jeonghan says as he sits up.

jisoo beams. "you're from cali?"

"california born and raised," hangyeol says. "you too?"

"yup!" jisoo laughs. "your new dad seems really cool."

"do we adopt this boy too?" hangyeol asks.

"no, no, i'm not up for adoption. although i could become your son-in-law, if you don't mind..."

"jisoo!" jeonghan hits the boy.

"what? i'm sure you'd love to settle in with me. all our children, and our pets, in our own little house-"

"shut up," jeonghan blushes.

after the adults have left, jisoo sits beside jeonghan.

"are you okay with all this? i mean, three dads? must be tough."

jisoo puts his hand over his mouth.

"i-i'm sorry! i didn't mean to sound so insensitive-"

jeonghan kisses the boy on the cheek.

"after all you've said to me, this is nothing."

"han-" jisoo pouts.

"no. don't apologise. you're not at fault. if i dare hear an apology slip from your mouth, i'll never kiss it."

"o-okay," jisoo says.

when jeonghan is discharged from the hospital, the first thing he does is to sniff a bunch of flowers.

he sneezes. "this isn't exactly the best smell."

jisoo laughs. "is your brain okay?"

"i got so fed up of squeezing, that it must've given me brain injury."

jisoo frowned at him. "han?"

"okay, okay," jeonghan sighs. "no joking. i won't, babe."

"babe? babe?" jisoo shrieks.

"what? don't like it?" jeonghan grins.

"what happened to joshuji? or even shua?"

"hmmm, they're cute nicknames. but how could i call you something that cute in bed?"

"what? whaat?" jisoo freaks out.

jeonghan blows a kiss to jisoo as he skips away.

wait. he can't do that.

jeonghan winces as he doubles over. jisoo rushes to him, helping him up.

"don't do that! what will i do if you collapse again?" jisoo yells.

"you'll wait for me. like you did," jeonghan smiles.

jisoo presses his nose against jeonghan's.

"you're right. i'll wait all my life if it means having you at the end."
.
.

jeonghan's cold stare once again shows itself as he stares at his father.

turns out, he's had a case of domestic abuse filed against him.

as he's being taken into the police car, jeonghan stands in front of him.

"i'm not even mad at you. if you hadn't done all this, i wouldn't have been here. i wouldn't have been this happy."

he spits on his father's feet before walking away.
.
.

"one problem, where's he gonna stay while we're getting things sorted out?"

jeonghan and jisoo's families have gathered at a café. jeonghan is slurping on coffee, despite jisoo's constant concerns.

"we can manage in our apartment while we're getting the house. but jeonghan... i don't think we can fit him in there."

"i don't think han even cares. he's just sitting there, releasing toxins into his body." jisoo grimaces at the sight of jeonghan and his coffee.

"shut up, hong. just because you prefer tea doesn't mean i have to." jeonghan nudges jisoo's cup of tea.

"hmph. you'll regret not listening to me, just wait," jisoo says, before taking a sip.

"we can keep jeonghan for the meantime, can't we?" jisoo's mother offers.

"he'd love that," jungah says, giggling.

jeonghan looks up, his eyes sparkling.

"really? i'll get to stay with joshuji? yay!" jeonghan hugs jisoo.

jisoo keeps jeonghan tucked under his arms. "i'll have fun getting this kid into shape."

"i'm not a kid! i'm seventeen. i'm old."

"you act like a baby. my sweet little baby."

jeonghan leans into jisoo's ear to whisper something.

"i love you, jisoo."

jisoo hides his growing blush by bending down and pretending to cough.

"we all heard that, by the way. next thing you know, we'll be sitting here, planning your wedding," jungah grins.

jisoo blushes even redder. jeonghan stirs his coffee.

"as long as you're my maid of honour."

"it'd be my pleasure, yoon jeonghan," jungah giggles.

"respect, yoon jungah," jeonghan retorts.

yup. everything's as normal as can be.