"Somthing familiar."

The next morning was much better for Hazel. She had a good night's rest in a house and a bed instead of in an uncomfortable position on a sidewalk, in a car, on someone's couch, etc. For once, she didn't have to wonder where'd she get her first meal of the day from, she didn't have to wonder which gym shower she would have to use for that day, or who she would have to beg for change just to use the pay phone to speak to her parents.

It was nice to lounge around in bed for the day instead of walking the streets. She hadn't been homeless long but those few days made her rethink and change her mindset on the homeless people who walked the streets. They were strong to endure the things that they had to endure whether it be by force or in the same way that she had. She wouldn't take anything for granted anymore because she knew what it was like to go without.

It was why when she finally climbed out of bed, she decided to share some of the things that she'd been blessed with, thanks to Normani, with the homeless people on the street. Normani had given her enough money to last a lifetime so she used half of that money to buy food for the homeless, clothing items, tents for them to sleep in, comfy sleeping bags with extra blankets and pillows, cases of water, necessities required for homeless females and much more. And it felt amazing to be able to give to so many people and to see the smiles on their faces.

Now they were just driving back around to make sure that everyone had the things that they'd need when someone caught her eye.

"Wait, Mani circle back. There's someone lying in front of that store." She pointed in the direction of the corner store that they'd just left the night before.

Normani quickly pulled back around as she noticed the store owner rushing out of the store and heading in the woman's direction.

"Shit, he's gonna run her off. We gotta give her a ride somewhere else. Maybe up a couple blocks where the others were?" Normani suggested.

"Yeah, just hurry before he makes her leave and we won't be able to catch her." Hazel tapped the armrest impatiently as she stared at the green-turning-yellow stop light ahead.

"Hold on tight." Normani spoke before Hazel found herself squished back against the seat as Normani pressed forcefully on the gas.

"Whoa Mani!" She yelled with a laugh as Normani drove through the light right before it turned red.

"Fucking yellow lights." Normani muttered as she whipped into a parking spot and the two of them exited the car.

"You can't be on this property. See, the sign clearly says 'no loitering' so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." The store owner finished just as they approached.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll take it from here." Normani nodded as the man eyed her just as he did the night before.

"I know you. You're that trouble-maker, huh? You scared the shit out of one of my customers the other day. I outta-"

"You what?" Normani cut him off as she stood directly in front of him, her gaze never faltering as she held eye contact with him.

God, she's hot.

Hazel, not the time!

Hazel quickly scolded herself in her mind as she continued to watch Normani and the man have a stare off. She was so lost in the fire in Normani's eyes that she'd nearly forgotten what they were here for.

"Mani, it's okay. Let's just help her and go." Hazel spoke softly as she brushed her hand over Normani's arm.

"I'd listen to your girl if I were you." The owner added with a smirk and it took everything in Normani's power to keep her hands to herself.