Chapter Four: A Force Bond

(6 Months Later)

The roar of the transports engines rang in Kidara's ears, a familiar sound. As she clung to a safety strap, Obi-Wan briefed the troops. The mission was supposed to be simple, cut through some droids, advance to the rendezvous point and meet the 501st as Windu, Luminara and her padawan Barris destroyed the droid factory. When the doors of the transport slid open, Kidara saw the extent of what they were up against. Thousands of battledroids, tanks, spider droids, and destroyers lined on the planet Kidara had missioned on so many months ago.

"Master..." Kidara spoke as the transport began its descent to the ground.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Obi-Wan mumbled as the rain of blaster fire began. Obi-Wan and Kidara were quick to leap from the transport, igniting their lightsabers to deflect blaster shots. They started working, slicing through droids and throwing grenades at tanks. Kidara used the force to pull a line of droids towards her, impaling them on her saber as she kicked another. She threw a grenade with a shaky hand, blowing up a tank.

"Master!" Kidara turned to Obi-Wan, almost smiling. "Throw me!"

Kidara got a running start, throwing herself off a destroyed tank. Obi-Wan used the force to push her to the top of a ground ship. Kidara used her saber to stab the core of the ship, disabling and disarming it, then threw a grenade into the swarm of droids. As she cut through the bots in all directions, she felt her hands begin to shake. She tried to ignore it, but her grip on her saber was becoming loose, and her panic began to set it.

stay focused stay focused

As the droids around her became denser, she was quickly becoming overwhelmed in fire. Kidara closed her eyes, curled into herself and became enveloped in the living force. She pulsed with energy, her saber falling from her hands, and she threw her arms out, sending a circle of droids and their blaster fire flying back. Kidara summoned her lightsaber and continued to move forward. They had almost made it to the rendezvous point, she just had to destroy a few more tanks-

In the distance, she saw Anakin's blue lightsaber followed by Ashoka's two green ones. They made it!

Kidara pulled the pin to another grenade and threw it, her hands shaking, but it bounced off a droid peeking its head out of a tank and rolled back to her feet. Before she could recuperate she was enveloped in white hot pain.

There was a scream, somewhere. Kidara could not tell if it came from her. She felt so cold. She tried to look down, but she was in so much pain, her vision was fuzzy. She tried to move. Her body would not respond. She tried to call out, for help, for someone, but no words could escape her mouth. She could hear blaster fire, coming from all around her. She tried to look down again. This time, she saw the jagged piece of durasteel jutting from her chest. She knew that this meant the very opposite of good, but her worry felt so far away.

She knew she should have felt panicked, but the way the force surrounded her in such a warm embrace that made her feel safe, like everything would be alright, fogged her mind. She should have been concerned when she tried to pull air into her lungs but couldn't, realizing in the very farthest parts of her mind, that they were most likely punctured, and she should have felt scared when she felt the warm blood soak her tunics, but she didn't. Someone kneeled down next to her, but she couldn't see their face.

"Oh force, Kidara." It was Obi-Wan, gripping at her arms, pulling her chin up to meet his gaze. "Stay with me Padawan, everything will be alright." Obi-Wan looked scared. So very scared.

"It's okay, master," Kidara mouthed, not able to make any sound leave her mouth. Dark blood oozed past her lips, which were turning blue. Kidara felt so cold. She started to shake. Her eyes closed for a moment. She was so tired. The force felt so warm, so comforting, she wanted it to hold her in its arms forever. She couldn't quite reach her and Obi-Wans tie in the force, it seemed distant and smudged.