Chapter 14: Bonds Broken

"Trust me, I've tried." Ashoka grumbled as Kidara tried to pick at the lock of the durasteel crate. "It won't budge."

"Drat." Kidara huffed in response. The two sat back to back in the cramped box. "Any idea how long we've been here?"

Ashoka pointed to the sun that blanketed Zygerria in its warmth.

"If its any consolation, I think its around noon." Ashoka sighed. "But I have no idea how much time has passed."

"What were you doing before I woke up?" Kidara asked, turning to lean against the wall of the crate. Ashoka turned to lean on the opposite wall, bringing her knees up to her chest.

"Meditating. And hoping you wake up."

"Why don't we do that now?" Kidara crossed her legs. "Its worth a shot. If we try to join each other minds we might be able to reach Anakin or Obi-Wan."

Ashoka nodded, crossing her legs and closing her eyes. They were only seconds into their mindfulness when the tall zygerrian male from the balcony interrupted them.

"The Queen has promised once the other Jedi is tamed, you two will be mine, little skugs."

Neither of the two opened their eyes, but Kidara could feel through the force what Ashoka was about to do.

With a simple wave of her hand, the zygerrians feet were swept out from under him, almost sending him toppling off the tower they were suspended from.

"You better hope that doesn't happen." Kidara smiled, opening her eyes to see the man struggling to regain his composure. He reached for his shock button.

Through the bond, Kidara sighed.

'That was a bad idea.' she sent.

'Yeah, but it was kinda funny.' Ashoka replied.

Then the two were being electrocuted again, screaming in agony.

~*~

Kidara laid on the floor of the crate, Ashokas head in her lap. Her muscles felt like they had been ripped out and then haphazardly sewn back together. Her head positively throbbed, and she was certain Ashoka was feeling the same thing.

They weren't sure how long the electrocution had gone on, but Kidara did not care. She felt absolutely terrible.

As time went on, a couple of winged lizards started to peck at the cage.

do it lizards. Eat me and end my agony. Kidara felt dizzy.

Suddenly, a droid unit flew above the cage followed by another person.

Who the kriff can even jump that high?

"Anakin?" She mumbled.

He landed on top of the crate, smiling like a giddy youngling who had tried his first sweet.

"Well," Ashoka sat up, barely able to use her arms to hold her body in an upright position. "Hello, Master. Took you long enough."

"Well I knew you had a nice view." Anakin swung his arms out referring to the vast zygerrian landscape that looked over the crate.

He didn't stall for much longer, though, quickly using the force to lift the crate onto the tower, removing the door.

If I had known it was that easy I would have done it myself. Di'kut.

"Are you two okay?" Anakin's face twisted into a worried expression.

Ashoka stood up, slouching, and Kidara followed.