#10

A while after Dick left, Skyler got some pizza for her and Gar and had set it up on the dinner table, she called out for Gar who was in his own room at the moment, when he sat down at the table Skyler noticed how hard it was for him, she understood.
“you okay?” she asked as she gave him a glass of water and some pizza, “yeah amazing” he said in a sarcastic tone.
“Gar please” “what do you want me to say? My friends all left and who knows if they ever actually come back together!” Skyler hadn't known Gar for so long but he was never this angry, but at the same time sad, “look i understand it's hard but-” “do you? Because it seemed like you had a perfect family, and it really seemed like you where the one that left them!”, Skyler looked at Gar kinda shocked that he actually said that, “how could you say that?! You don't know anything about me!” she said as she felt tears fall down her cheek and ran of to her room, leaving Gar alone with their dinner.

After some time had passed, Skyler heard someone knock on her bedroom door, she kept quiet when Gar opend the door, he walked in and just sat down on the other end of her bed, noticing she kept playing with her bracelets, “i'm sorry, i shouldn't have acted like that to you” he said, clearly regretting it, “it's okay” she said with a soft smile, “can you maybe tell me? Why you left?” Skyler thought for a few seconds, she barely knew him or any of these people, but when it came down to it, they did take her in.

So she started explaining, “when i was younger i had a lovely family, rather friends but it was like an actual family, someone very important to my dad and just everyone in the city had vanished, it was my dad's best friend so he had to make it his job to find him, he looked for him every day, took care of his daughter and he still loved me, but Nora was always better, whenever she was around all the attention went to her, even from my dad, on Christmas, Halloween, Flash Day, even my own birthday, it was all about her because sweet Nora Allen lost her daddy.” she sighed “i know it was selfish to think they didn't care about me because i knew they did but it's just isn't that easy, at the same time i felt as if i was going crazy, i had to find someone who would feel the same, who felt pushed away even too they just wanted to make their parents proud, i thought of a criminal who was in jail, i got back in time and pretty much every night i visited him, i took medicene so i wouldn't go crazy, i had finally found someone who understood me, he saw my bracelet that i got with my dad on a vacation so i made one for me and Axel too” she smiled with tears in her eyes, “Team Flash hated him, my dad would hate me if he knew i trusted Axel, than one day Nora told everyone, she watched me and found out and told everyone, my dad got so mad at me, they hated me, and it was all because Nora fucking Allen needed some more attention, i left, i used to get visions of this earth and well, Dick, that was the first that came to mind and well, that was when i met Connor” Skyler was crying, she had never had the change to actually tell someone how she felt, it was great, it felt safer.
Gar didn't know what to say, he waited a few seconds but she already started “why are you here?” she asked “my parents died, i got injected with something that gave me my powers, i first lived with other people like us but than Dick took me in too” “i'm so sorry about your parents” she said, Gar gave her a weak smile before pulling her in a hug, she quickly hugged back as she cried, after a few minutes when both or them where calmer, Gar pulled away and stood up and took her hand as he pulled her up, she was confused but followed, he let go of her hand and sat down on the couch, he put an old movie on and opend his arms to her “come on” he smiled, Skyler frowned for a moment before smiling and laying down next to him, hugging him as she watched the tv, “thank you” she said softly “it's fine” he smiled “no really, thank you, it means a lot” she said as she kissed his cheek before placing her head on his shoulder again.
After a while she fell asleep and he brought her to her bed before leaving to his own room.

She actually felt safe.