Chapter 1

The next day I did what a person with a death wish did. I sat next to Quinn in every class we had together. He came into our first class half way through.

"Mr. Rodger tartiness is not tolerated in my class." Mrs. Fran threatened

Mrs. Fran was a very brave women. No teacher ever threatened Quinn. He walked back to his seat. But before he could take his seat his eyes caught me. It was like he was swolling me whole. His golden brown eyes had many emotions. The only one I could figure out was- confusion.

He took his seat not saying a word.

Mrs. Fran continued with class "Today we will be doing a experiment." I toned out the rest of her lecture until I heard her say my name. "River you'll be working with Quinn." I smile to myself.

From the corner of my eye I could see him rolling his eyes.

We all start on the experiment. To be honest I have never been good a chemistry or any other kind of science. Neither has Quinn. We end up exploding our project, causing the whole class to have to evacuate.

Mrs. Fan isn't happy when she walks over to me and Quinn. "You both have detention for the rest of the week." Then she stormed off.

Great today was Monday.

"Thanks a lot." Quinn said to me

"How is this my fault." I said chasing him down the hall way.

He stops and turns around. He give me a look. I can't pin point what his emotions where. He just look at me straight in the eyes. I felt like I was shrinking.

He finally said something "Are you crazy?"

He came closer. He has me pushed up against the lockers. "You are the most brave girl that I have met that doesn't just want sex."

"Well," I said shrugging

"Well?" He looked confused

"Well I guess I just want to learn about you." I say my eyes connecting with his

"Why would you want to do that?" He scuffed

"I don't know. Something about you. I'm a very observant person."

"Good." He said smirking

"Good." I agreed

He let me go my way. I walked to my next class.

•••

I have my third class with him. I already had to sit by him so it wasn't that big of deal. He came in late like usual. The teacher looked up and just shrugged. He slowly mad his way to his seat. I felt his eyes linger on me through out class.

When the bell rang I quickly got up and walked to my locker. I had one more class before lunch. I made my was through the hall. When I was about to walk into my next class room someone tugged on my shoulder. I turned around to see Maya the schools biggest slut standing there.

"What?" I asked

"Why is Quinn all the sudden into you?" She asked

"I don't know." I said dumbfounded

"Well stay away from him. He's mine." She said flipping her hair back.

I walked into class when the bell rang. I quickly went over to my seat. It was halfway through class when I realized that Quinn was there staring at me.

I looked over to him "What?" I whispered

"Nothing. Just trying to figure you out." He said shrugging

I think that was the first time anyone has seen him in time for class. I turn back to the work sheet we were doing.

That class was awkward. I felt Quinn's eyes on every part of my body the whole time. I mean I'm pretty but I'm not a stand out girl. I have blond hair and blue eyes. I'm as skinny as a pole and not that tall. So I don't stand out. When the bell rings I run out of the class room into the bathroom. Franklin High School senior both room was the most popular gossip corner ever. I walked into one of the stalls to see that there was new gossip, because the idiot girls can't just talk in person.

'Since when did anyone car about her?' Someone wrote

'I don't know. But he's definitely into her.' Someone else wrote

'Who cares about River?' The first girl wrote

I had a small smile on my face when I walked out if the stall. There were some girls re applying there mascara when I walked out. The both gave me the I'm way better than you look.

I walked to the lunch room taking the hallways with the less amount of people.

The lunch room is full with people when I walk in. I quickly make my way to the normal table I sit at with Sidney. Our table was much fuller today than any other days. I sit across from Sidney who is playing on her phone. I have to snap my fingers in front of her to get her attention.

"Oh, hey." She said

"Who you textin." I asked curiously

"No one you know." She said

"Name them."

"Elijah Samson." She says with a smile on her face 

"Ooo. You like him?" I asked a little disgusted

"Yeah, he's sweet and funny..."

She was going to continue but I cut her off before she could. "I have detention for a week."

"Ya, I heard. I also heard that Quinn is into."

"Whatever." I say

Before she can speak the bell rings.

"Talk to you later." I say sweeping my tray of the table going to clean it off but before I can I run into someone. I look up to see Conner Race AKA Quinn's best friend.

"I don't understand you." He said all the sudden

"What don't you understand?" I asked confused

"Why he get to have you." He said walking away

What does he mean by he gets to have you?