two ━━ storm's a brewing

CHAPTER TWO: storm's a brewing

━━━━━━━━

❛ it's funny how people 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 ❜

     FLORENCE'S FUNERAL WAS the worst moment of her entire life. Adelaide was officially the last Lovett breathing air. And because she was, it meant that everyone who attended the event was merely friends of her grandmother's, people she used to work with, or people who knew her because they knew Adelaide's birth parents. So she got all of the pity. Standing there at a table during the wake, every single person approached her and expressed their condolences. She had to plaster a smile on her face, shake their hand, or return the hug before thanking them politely. It felt so wrong. Everything felt wrong. She didn't like the way people looked at her with such upset expressions, murmuring to the person next to them about her. Countless of them told her that if she needed anything, that she could call them and they'd provide and she just had to smile again and nod, telling them she appreciated the gestures. Funny how all of these people never showed any love for her grandmother until now.

     She had avoided the Waynes to the best of her ability, knowing that Damian was there with his dad and two of his brothers, as well as his butler. Jon was there as well with his parents and she tried doing them as well, busying herself with other people, not that that was much of a challenge since so many came up to her. This was the most she had socialized in ages. And as she stood, finally alone, holding a glass of water, she came to the realization that something didn't feel right within herself. She had no family left. She had nothing. She would never see Jon and Damian unless they hung out somewhere but even then, the billionaire brat's words rung in her head. Their friendship was over. And now that Florence was gone, she felt something inside her change. She changed.