【Chapter 12】

I pull out my bento box and chopsticks, hungry from an hour of maths class. Kuroo and Yaku make their way over to my desk.

"Hey, Tomo-chan, wanna join us for recess in the courtyard?" Kuroo asks.

"The other third and second years are there too." Yaku adds. My phone pings, notifying me of a text message. I ignore it, it's probably not important.

"Sure thing." I say, standing up and grabbing my bento box. Kuroo and Yaku bicker over their quiz answers, boring me since I know they're both wrong. I choose not to interrupt and correct them, as I know the two have fragile egos.

Before I know it, we've already arrived in the courtyard. A trio of benches sits in a triangle with a half wall surrounding the furthermost two sides of the courtyard. A couple of second years are perched on said half-walls, with the rest of the players littered throughout the benches. I take a seat next to Kai, smiling politely at the boy.

I open up my bento box and begin munching on some assorted fruit slices.

"I didn't know you liked kiwi fruit, TK." Said Kai, my only elder on the team. My phone pings again, but I dismiss it once more.

"Mm. They're actually my favourite fruit. How about you, Kai-Senpai?" I asked, popping a kiwi slice in my mouth.

"Well, they're not exactly fruit, but I'm a big fan of sea grapes." Kai replies. Unfamiliar with what on Earth sea grapes are, I open my mouth to ask him, but the chime of my ringtone cuts me short. I politely excuse myself from the group and walk into the corridor, taking the call.

"Hello, this is Tomo Kuroo speaking. Who's calling?" I ask the caller my routine statement.

"Waah~! TK-Chan, I'm offended you didn't save my number! Weren't you getting my messages?" I recognise the voice as Bokuto. Confused, I look down at the caller ID, which is indeed non-existent. My notifications are filled with messages all from the same number, which I presume to be Bokuto's.

"Well, you've never contacted me before, so I had nothing to save, baka." I retort. Bokuto laughs,

"Can I suggest a contact name?" I shrug,

"Sure, why not."

"Lord Ace Supreme with an sunglasses emoji, volleyball emoji and a crown emoji." He declares jovially. I can hear someone scoffing at Bokuto in the background. I smile mischievously.

"Hmmm. Okay, seems very fitting." I say mockingly. Bokuto cheers happily, oblivious of the real name I type into the contact. 'Dumb Owl'.

"So, Bokuto, why did you call me in the middle of the day? Can it not wait for later?" I inquire, eager to return to my bento.

"Oh yeah, my parents are out tonight, and I need to look after the dog. So, can we meet at my place instead?" Bokuto asks nervously.

"Sure thing. Text me the address and I'll head on over after practice." I reply. Bokuto agrees and hangs up. I see a text message pop up with his address.

I make my way back over to the group and plop down on the bench.

"OooOoOOooH~ Who was that TK-Senpai??" Yamamoto coos dramatically. I reply deadpan,

"Your mum." Due to the immaturity and all-round childishness of the group, a loud chorus of cheers and whoops erupts. What can I say? Boys will be boys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there readers, Author-chan here! I just wanted to once again thank you all so frickin' much for reading, voting and commenting! I genuinely never thought this story would get anywhere close to 100 views! Hmm ಠ_ರೃ is this what it feels like to commit to a story? I like it. Ok, but seriously, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! 

P.S. During these trying times of social isolation, it can be easy for us introverted weebs  to neglect the friends we see at school and work, so please make sure to keep up not only your physical health but your social and mental health too! Love you guys so much!