【Chapter 17】

A/N: Hey guys! As promised, I've included a 'lil sketch of Bokuto with his hair down and the Pocky. It was a little rushed, so not perfect, but I hope you guys enjoy it, and this chapter :) Also, just a reminder that all English is in bold. 

- We're time skipping to Sunday because nothing crazy or new happens during Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday and I know that no one wants to read all the repetitive chapters that would take up –

It's the last day before Bokuto takes his supplementary exam, AKA the last day of my tutoring with Bokuto. I'm not sure how to feel. I expected to feel relieved, but now, I feel almost... Sad? I don't understand it. I should be elated that I will no longer have to spend my afternoons tutoring a boy on a language I've spoken my entire life, but for some reason I almost wish this weren't the end of this. It confuses me. This doesn't mean the end of our friendship, right? Right. So then what should I be concerned about? Nothing. Nothing at all.

Having given myself a pep talk of sorts, I climb out of bed and ready myself for the day. After taking a shower and drying my hair, I finally decide on an outfit of a white patterned button-down tucked into a pair of ripped black jeans adorned with a few chains around the belt. Seeing as it's a little chilly out, I slip on a striped black and white turtleneck underneath for good measure. I ornament my ears with a few rings and chains before deciding myself fit for the day.

The doorbell rings just after I finish eating a healthy breakfast of fruit loops. I gather myself up and make my way to the front door and open it with a flourish. In front of me stands Bokuto, baring a small, brown paper bag. I let him in and prod the bag suspiciously. 

"What's in the bag, bruh?" I ask Bokuto, my curiosity only piquing. He chuckles and opens the bag to reveal two fresh barbecue pork buns. 

"This is our last lesson together, so I thought I'd grab a nice treat to celebrate it." Bokuto explains, smiling proudly. In response, I wrap my arms around his large frame and squeeze him tightly, picking his feet off the ground to swing him from side to side in a big bear hug. He chuckles happily and hugs back as I set him back on the ground. 

"Woah," Bokuto says, scratching his nape with one hand, "I did not know you had that kinda strength in you. I am not light." I smile and dramatically pull a superhero pose,

"It's all about momentum and using your bones." I say, knocking my fists together to mimic my favourite shonen hero (If you get the reference, you get it, if you don't, too bad.). Bokuto giggles at my uncommon display of childishness and our banter continues as we head towards the living room to study. 

"So," Bokuto says, taking a bite out of his bun, "What's on the agenda for today?" I take a seat next to him.

"I've decided that we will spend today's lesson revising over all you've learnt through conversation. How's that sound?" I say. Bokuto nods,

"Ready when you are." 

"Alright then, let's begin with casual, informal conversation. You begin." I state. Bokuto takes a deep breath to steady himself and begins.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Hi, I'm well thanks, you?"

"I'm alright, thanks. You know where our next class is?"

"Yeah, it's on the top floor, but I don't know which subject."

"I think it's either maths or science."

"Then we should grab some lunch on our way, what's your favourite snack?"

"I like protein bars, but beef is my favourite meal. How about you?"

"Hm, I like fruit as a snack and my favourite meal is probably pie."

"I don't like fruit that much, but my least favourite food is salad."

"I like salad, it's green like my favourite colour."

"My favourite colour is blue."

"I have to go, see you later."

"Bye." Bokuto finishes the conversation. I applaud him.

"Well done! You've really improved." I commend his hard work. 

We continue to converse in English whilst munching on our barbecue pork buns. Soon enough,, the day is starting to end and late afternoon sets in. 

"Hey, TK-Chan, can I ask you something?" Bokuto asks as he returns from the restroom.

"That's already a question, but sure, go ahead." I respond, shifting my position on the couch so he can sit down next to me.

"I know this sounds weird, but I really enjoyed hanging out with you and studying this past week, and I was wondering if maybe we could meet up again some time, but like, not to study?" He scratches the  back of his neck nervously as he asks, which, come to think of it, seems to be a habit of his. I smile and wrap an arm around his shoulders,

"Sure thing, and it's not weird at all to ask that. Truth be told, I've really enjoyed this time with you too." I pause, "Oh, and call me 'Tomo', it's easier than saying 'TK' all the time." Bokuto looks at me,

"...Tomo-chan, eh? Well then feel free to call me Koutarou." He says happily.

"How about Kou? I like that better." I reply.

"Me too." He chuckles. We soon drift into a comfortable silence, Bokuto's head leaning slightly on my shoulder, my head resting on his. Although, the serene moment is swiftly interrupted by one loud, bedhead-ed boy.

"Hey! Lovebirds! Bokuto's gotta go home and get some good rest for his test tomorrow, so breAK IT UP." Kuroo says, shooing me off the couch.

"Rude." I mutter, packing away my pencil case. Bokuto grabs Kuroo and ruffles his hair, not that it can get any messier.

"Hey, bro, thanks for looking out for me, bro." He cheers,

"No problem, bro, anything for my bro." Kuroo replies happily. I roll my eyes at their over-use of 'bro'. I mean, I'm all for saying 'bro' and 'bruh', as I do so myself, but sometimes, too much is just too much. 

Within a few minutes, we find ourselves at the front door, saying our goodbyes. With Kuroo out of range, I quickly peck Bokuto on the cheek,

"Seeya later, Kou." I say, closing the door. 

I'm going to kill him if he doesn't ace that test tomorrow.