Part 3

You felt cold all over your body.

What? I live freestyle battle? WHAT? Composing that short damned track already took you 3 days! How were you going to rap live without having any lyrics in mind?

You've been lying on your bed, staring at your wall for about three hours now, contemplating about what you had done. Maybe if you send Suga an apology letter, he would take back that challenge.

"Yah, Y/N. Are you okay? You're starting to scare me," Laine said.

You turned your head to her and gave her a sad smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you said then smiled sweetly as an idea occured to you. "Hey, Laine... You're good at rapping right? You're even our main rapper."

(A/N: I just re-read my first post and noticed that I wrote lead vocal for Laine. Sorry, that was supposed to be a main rapper.)

"Uh... yeah? Why? Do you want me to help you with your upcoming battle?" she asked, giving you a confused look.

"Nope," you said, suddenly sitting on your bed. "Do you think you could be my substitute for this battle? Please, please, please..." you said, giving her a puppy-eyed look.

Laine smiled at you, then stood up from her sit and walked towards you. Then, she gave you a light knock on your head.

"Do you think that's even possible," Laine told you, giving you an are-you-crazy look.

"I just thought..." you said, pouting.

You know what you said was impossible but you're getting desperate.

"You can back out, you know," she told you.

"No. I responded to his diss, meaning I want to fight him. It wouldn't look good if I suddenly back out. And it also wouldn't be good for the group's image."

"Silly. Don't think about the group. If you really don't want to do it, then don't."

You pondered about it. She has a point. But if you're going to be honest with yourself, you do want to do this. Not just because you have to, but because you want to see Suga rap live. And even more, he'll be rapping with you, even if you're gonna be dissing each other.

The inner fangirl in you was jumping and squealing at the thought.

"Nah. I'll do it," you said with conviction.

For the whole day, you spent writing rhymes. Thinking about possible responds... what lines you could say...

And most especially, training yourself not to end up rapping, "I love you, oppa," in front of Suga. Because there is a very, very big possibility you would say that.

The battle was scheduled just two days after they contacted your agency for the battle. Actually, you were wondering why Suga would challenge you. They're even in the middle of promoting their newest album. Would he really spare some time to battle you?

Without thinking much about it anymore, you just kept on practicing your rapping skills. And to your surprise, you're getting good, fast. You're being more and more confident that you won't make a fool of yourself in front of Suga... er, of everyone.

You were in your room, reading some of the rhymes you wrote when someone knocked on your door.

"Y/N, we gotta go," Minah called you. "You're gonna be late on your own battle."

"God... oh my God..." you breathed frantically as you realized today was the day. "I'm coming!"

You grabbed your beanie and went out of your dorm, your heart beating fast from nervousness and excitement.