chapter 22

" well ella i guess bailed out on me tonight so we have the day to us if you wanna spend it with me anyway " bradley said as we both simultaneously sat in the car ready to go on our next destination . 

" why did she do that ?" i asked him but he just shrugged but that didn't help my curiosity of earlier anyway . 

" so what is the next place ?" he asked , ever since the entire day we had just been alternatively deciding where to go . 

" as though i hate to say this but we're going to your halloween shopping " as soon as the words left my lips , a huge smile lit up on his face almost bringing the warmth inside of me , a warmth lost gone . 

I took him to the halloween story across the city as it had been my favourite halloween costume place when i used to dress up for halloween . It was a few minutes away from the city but almost an hour away from college . 

As we reached the place we got and went into the shop and i was bought back in the old days , days when dressing up for halloween was exciting . I was met with the same smell of the shop and almost everything looked the same . 

" daniel ?" someone called out and not even the slightest had the voice changed . 

" ms. burbery " i called out faking a small smile and met with yet beautiful yet old face. 

" scarlett , its been so long , oh my dear " she didn't waste time in engulfing me in a hug and as though i don't like that much proximity i still hugged her back for old times sake . When we separated she cleared her throat and looked at the bradley next to me who i had almost forgotten had been here all this time . 

"oh , ms.burbery this is bradley simpson , one of my college mate and bradley this is ms. burbery "i introduced . A small evil smile played on ms. burbery's lips

" college mate huh , i said that about my college boyfriends too " she smirked , i looked at her wide eyed aware of the embarrassment creeping in . 

" we're not dating " i spoke a little harshly than i had intended 

" sure i believe that , anyway how can i help you ?" she said 

" we're just here for some halloween shopping " i said and she nodded 

"  the store is all yours " she said and  i nodded making my way through her small shop where brad seemed to follow me . 

" what are you buying ?" i asked him but he kept his mouth shut 

" let that be a surprise eh " he said and i just shook my head and he went the other way and i started looking for my dress for halloween .

" you haven't been here in years " ms. burbery suddenly said 

" i know , its my first time ever since i was 16 , he forced me into it , i wasn't even planning on it " i said and she just chuckled leaving me confused as though what was even the slightest funny about it . Ladies and their thinking . 

After surfing through a lot of dress i ended up with one that i had chosen in the beginning . After billing my dress i waited for bradley which didn't took long enough . 

" you are so excited for halloween " i smiled pointing at the amount of stuff he was carrying . 

" i am , its my mates i'll be meeting " he said and i nodded , he sure must have some bond with them to be this excited . After bidding adieu to ms. burbery we left the place realising we had spent a lot of time just in shopping and the night was almost here so it was better to have dinner along the way . 

While we silently sat in the car , everything seemed so much at peace until my phone ringed and i had to pick it up and the peace felt long gone.