Midnight Snack

Isabella's POV

Tonight was yet again one of Audrey's sleepovers and me and Lonnie had to go get snacks after she bragged to everyone about her new hair makeover she got from Mal. As we were on our way to the kitchen we saw the light on.

Mal's POV

"All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." I said reading from my spell book.

"Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos lifted a bag of onions.

"No. It Says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best so we have to follow it exactly." I confirmed.

"A tear's a tear." Jay scoffed but Evie cut him off.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie ranted as we all looked at her and with shock and confusion. Mostly Jay was confused.

"Listen to you." I grinned.

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay said in an obvious tone which meant he did not... "obviously"

"Did not." Carlos scoffed with a grin.

"Yeah, I did." He fired back but then we were cut off by Bella and Lonnie coming in and I quickly covered up my spell book.

"There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair! Well except Bella." She smiled leaning up against the counter.

"Hey I like my hair." Bells defended playing with the ends of her hair.

"Ya, see that Mal, no split ends." Evie said which I playfully glared at her for then peaked at my hair. I do not have split ends.

"Don't worry Mal I like your hair." Bella smiled.

"And that's why your the only AK that I like." I smiled at her.

She frowned a bit tilting her head. "I doubt that's true Mal." She raised her eyebrows at me with a mischievous grin before then questioning. "And AK?"

"Auradon kid." Evie said. "That's What we call people here since they call is VK's." Evie said which She made an 'oh' expression nodding.

"Cute pj's." Jay said which earned a punch on the shoulder by Carlos and a 'dude' from Wyatt at the same time.

"What?" He said defensively crossing his arms over his chest as he sent a wink Bella's way which she looked down in embarrassment and awkwardly hugged herself avoiding looking in that direction

"Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?" Lonnie asked cutting the tension which he saw Bella was grateful for.

"Nothing special. Just cookies. Oh, no, no!" I exclaimed when Lonnie dipped her finger in the dough and put it in her mouth. We all looked at her with a worried expression.