7: Vain

"H.Y.U.N.G"

~

|| 8 MONTHS AGO ||

LIFE IS NOT A JOKE. WE ALL KNOW THAT.
LIFE ISN'T A VACUOUS GAME. WE ARE WELL AWARE OF THAT.
NOT ALL GOOD THINGS ARE TRULY GOOD, NOT ALL BAD THINGS ARE BAD.
EVERY HUMAN IS NOT HUMANE.
EVERY BIRD CAN'T FLY.
ALL TRUTHS, ARE NOT TRUE.

PEOPLE ARE TWO-FACED.
FEW ARE FRAUD, FEW ARE SELFISH, FEW ARE DESPICABLE.

YET, AMONGST THE CRUEL, STAND THE KIND.
NOT EVERYONE IS BAD, NOT EVERY HUMAN IS INHUMANE.

BUT WHEN SOMETHING DIABOLICAL APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE, ALL AN INDIVIDUAL CAN DO, IS MOURN OVER IT.

ONE NEVER KNOWS WHAT KIND OF ATROCIOUS CRUELTIES DEBUT ALL OF A SUDDEN, THAT TOO AT ODD TIMES.

VIGILANCE IS WHAT WE NEED, AND RESILIENT, IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE,
FOR YOU DO NOT KNOW, WHAT OBSTACLES LIFE THROWS YOUR WAY.

---

Skipping in the corridor, he strides towards his hyung's room.

An innocuous little boy, who has loved nothing or no-one, other than his hyung.

For once has he not thought, what will he do if he loses his hyung?

A forever-lasting smile of joy stays glued to his lips, not leaving it for even a flash of a second.

He is nothing but a heedless, young boy—who only knows, hears and understands of his hyung. 

A child, he is.

With his eyes fixed at the timberlands he is wearing, he recalls the time when he first met his hyung.

Jungkook, being the five year old child he was, always preferred an isolated location inside this big, pale-white building, for he felt, ill-treatment was what ruled his life.

It was until one fine day, when his hyung had joined this building.

All Jungkook does now, is thank god for giving him the chance to meet his hyung. If it wasn't for his hyung, Jungkook wouldn't have learnt to be confident and firm about himself.

He looks up from his feet, eager to set foot into his hyung's room. With his hands locked behind, he tramps up to his room.

Jungkook strives to make his hyung wear the bracelet that stays hidden inside his fists.

Upon reaching the entrance of the room, Jungkook us greeted with bewilderment.

He is beyond baffled when he hears the slosh of stepping on a liquid. His body automatically, slowly drops down as he crouches down, stopping at a squat.

The liquid he has just stepped on, it is not water, and he is sure from his nerves about it.

It is yellowish in color, and slightly a little thicker for water.

He touches it with uncertainty, not sure of what it is. Rubbing his fingers together, he frowns, still unsure if what the mystery liquid is.

Finally, bringing up his finger to his nose, he lets his sense of smell, do the job. The scent of the liquid fills his nose, and to him, the smell is fetid.

Blinking a few times, he sees the light (here it means "realises") that the mystery liquid is none other than– petrol.

With worry rushing through his body, he hastily, yet tremulously opens the door to his hyung's room, getting hit by the worst sight ever.

~

|| Back To Present ||

"Hyung!" Jungkook shouts, springing up on his bed.

Unsteady breaths leave his body as his chest moves up and down in a breathless manner.

He gulps, sweat dripping from his forehead. The back of his neck feels humid and wet due to the sweat that is being secreted by his body. His shirt sticks to his body, wet due to the sweat.

He quivers down his bed, landing straight on the harsh floor.

He brings up his knees to his chest, hugging them tightly, shoving his face into the tiny gap between his knees and abdomen.

He can discern his tears leaking, spilling into the titchy gap where he hides his face, but lets them flow because he is feeling extremely empty without his hyung.

A vile past daunts him, not letting him smile, not letting him live, not letting him sleep, and this very godawful incident, mocks him every night, making him feel the vain.

*
A/N:
Unedited.
So did you like it?
I rewrote this chapter since I was very dis-satisfied with the one I wrote earlier. I'm not that happy now either, but it's truly better than the earlier draft.
Don't forget to vote if you liked it! A comment wouldn't be much of harm either.
❤️ DreamTimeBTS.