14: Fireflies and Butterflies

PLEASE NOTE THAT: This chapter will contain content from the Netflix movie: Before I Wake.

This will have a scene from the movie and I will tell you when it starts.

Thank you!
____________________________________

The piercing sound of the television causes Jimin and Taehyung to flinch and put their precious sleep at stake. They spring up on the couch, eyes popping open in the flash of a second and the sudden action of them waking up all of a sudden causing vertigo to hit them straight.

"Damn." Jimin says, rubbing his creased forehead in arrant ire.

"I will not hesitate to break that stupid television." A groan of agony plus anger exits Taehyung's mouth as he lays back on the couch, irritated.

The sudden rigorous workout at the gym has exhausted and Jimin and Taehyung so much, that they were too tired to shut the television before dozing off on the couch.

"What time is it?" Asks Jimin, picking up the remote of the TV.

Taehyung looks at the small clock on the coffee table before he answers, "3:46 am."

Jimin's eyes widen and so do Taehyung's. They've been asleep since eight in the evening and when they dozed off to sleep, the thought of Jungkook did not even strike them once.

"What do you think he is doing?" Asks Jimin, his voice depicting worry.

"Only one way to find out." Taehyung replies, slowly getting up from the couch.

Jimin's face is a big sack of ‘I don't have a positive feeling about this’, in short, he is dubious of Taehyung's current action.

While Taehyung keeps nearing Jungkook's room to check what the said male is doing, Jimin stands at the very end of the corridor, lips pouted in unsurety.

Just as Taehyung approaches the black door to Jungkook's room, Jimin lets out a titchy squeal of nervousness and dubious-ness. He gulps, his adam's apple bobbing up and then down.

Taehyung turns to look at Jimin, his face sending Jimin an incredulous expression. "Did you just squeal? That too in a girl's voice?" Asks Taehyung, accurately pointing out how ludicrous Jimin's tiny little squeal was.

"Don't judge me." Jimin snaps, turning irascible. "I am not supposed to be the victim of your unnecessary judgements." He adds onto his previous line.

Taehyung lifts his hands in a mock surrender before speaking, "Okay Mr. Park. No need to get so bilious."

Putting his heed back to where his attention should be, that is, the main point of concern in the current situation, Taehyung slowly opens the door to Jungkook's room.

Jungkook is in deep sleep and it cools, relaxes and relieves Taehyung, that this night, Jungkook isn't facing any vile problem during his sleep.

Jungkook lays on the bed, eyes shut and body relaxed. The side of the curtains is slightly pulled in, letting in slight amount of light to come into the room.

Taehyung smiles softly before closing the door.

"He's asleep." Taehyung turns towards Jimin — who was till now teetering in the living room in worry and a patent concern. "A good sleep." Taehyung adds on.

Jimin's face cascades into a relieved and happy expression as he finally sits back on the couch. Taehyung comes back to the sitting room and Jimin switches on the small bulbs and lamps as the two men sit on the brown couch.

"Now that we're awake–" Jimin says, "–let's watch some TV." Picking up the remote from the coffee table, Jimin presses the red button at the left corner and switches on the television.

"Ew!" Jimin immediately shouts.

Taehyung — who was trying to sleep — flinches at the sudden mellifluous (note the sarcasm in "mellifluous") scream, his eyes and face expressing utter fury.

Taehyung looks at Jimin — who sits on the couch with his hands covering his face. Jimin sits on the couch, his legs spread, body and back relaxed, and lips twisted in disgust.

Taehyung furrows and looks at the tv, his eyes immediately widening upon seeing what Jimin is disgusted at.

"I–" Taehyung trails off, no words exiting his mouth due to the obscurity of the situation.

"Change that thing!" Jimin suddenly shouts.

Taehyung gulps in abstruse-ness, not able to comprehend the current situation. The only thing that settles itself in his mind right now, is that: Jimin's cringing at a sensual scene.

Taehyung secretly wants to keep the scene on, not only because he is liking it, but also because he wants to tease Jimin. But he is well aware, if he doesn't change the channel within the next few seconds, he will find himself lying in his black coffin, with his killer being Jimin.

He takes the remote — which was kept on the sofa — and changes the channel as quickly as he can.

"It's fine now." Taehyung speaks as Jimin finally removes his hands from his face.

A sigh of relief exits Jimin's mouth, his eyes shutting simultaneously while he exhales. "That was weird." He says.

"You think?" Taehyung taunts, cocking his right eyebrow.

Jimin sends him a mocking smile, and then quietly sits back, his back leaning on the backrest of the couch.

+

It hasn't been that long since Taehyung and Jimin have woken up from sleep, but the aura around them is turning eerie. All of a sudden.

They can hear the sound of night-time crickets all of a sudden and intricacy is filling their home at this point of time.

What is more eerie and scary, is that the lighting of their room is adding on to the strange-ness.

[ The movie scene starts here ⬇️ ]

"What in hell..." Jimin mutters, getting up from the brown couch.

Jimin's eyes twinkle when the light falls on them, his face surging into an adorable expression. His plump lips part slightly, as he brings up his finger and holds it out in a horizontal line, patiently waiting for the object  to come and rest on his index finger.

"Holy lord of Jesus." Taehyung's whisper-yells, his mouth open in shock and eyes wide in disbelief. "I am dreaming right?" He asks again.

Within seconds the room is found filled with twinkling objects roaming here and there and a group of another colorful, eye-catching things move around lazily in their room.

Fireflies and butterflies.

"What are they doing here?" Taehyung asks, as one of the many butterflies comes and sits in Jimin's extended finger.

"I don't know." Jimin takes a pause, "But their beautiful."

Before Taehyung can say anything, he discovers himself standing with a butterfly on his nose. "You either get this thing off me, or it will die." He says.

"That's so cruel, and cold-hearted." Jimin says.

"I hate insects. You know that." Taehyung says, this time shaking his head as the butterfly moves away.

"How did they even come here?" Jimin asks, an admiration for butterflies flashing in his eyes. An automatic smile creeps up to his lips upon seeing the butterflies.

Taehyung goes all serious and solemn. While Jimin enjoys the sight of fireflies and butterflies together, Taehyung's eyes catch note of something else.

Something creepy.

*
A/n:
Unedited.
❤️