PROLOGUE

In a mountainous area, Sonic the hedgehog is pinned to a tree by Shadow the hedgehog. The two are at it because the Chaotix have found a seemingly reformed Dr. Eggman, who now goes by the name Mr. Tinker. Shadow and his partner, Rouge the bat, have arrived at the village the former villain has been residing and are here to eliminate him. The Chaotix and Sonic firmly believe that the doctor has changed and is not letting the duo lay a finger on him. Which brings us to now.

"Have you forgotten that he made you suffer? That he tried to destroy you multiple times? How can you even suggest leniency from him after all that?"

The ebony hedgehog growled. For once, the hero is silent and merely looks down. Shadow looses his grip and waits for a response.

"Honestly, I want to give him a chance. Maybe things can be different. Maybe we can finally have a happy ending, you know. An ending where everyone can be happy."

Sonic looks at Shadow, who sighs and lets go of him.

"I know you want everyone to be happy but he has caused so much pain not only to you but to our friends. You and I both know that losing one's memory doesn't change anything. In fact, it sometimes makes things worse..."

Shadow looks down at his hands and closes his eyes. Sonic brushes himself off and gives the hybrid a sympathetic look.

"Look, why don't I keep an eye on him. Maybe you can visit too. I'm sure G.U.N. would let you if you ask. If he reverts back, at least we are close by to stop him. How bout that?"

Sonic smiles and attempts to shake his rival's hand. Despite some hesitation, the two shook hands.

"We still have to figure out what Eggman land is all about," Sonic said.

The two then teleport in front of the Chaotix who were guarding the house Mr. Tinker is hiding in. Sonic explains to Vector the crocodile the terms of his and Shadow's deal and they were allowed to pass. Rouge is in front to makeshift barrier made out of tables from an earlier badnik attack. A cowering Mr. Tinker can be seen peaking behind the barrier.

"Hey Mr. Tinker can you show us Eggman land so we can clear something up?"

Sonic leans next to the mechanic and smiles at him. The man lifts his head a bit and sees Shadow glare at him. He gulps and takes them in front of a barn.

"I really don't want to unveil it until it was finished... b-but I'll make an exception for you."

Mr. Tinker removes the padlock on the door. He opens it and shows unfinished rides made out of scrapped badniks. The mechanic explains why he is building the small park and Chaotix, Rouge, and Shadow said their goodbyes. Sonic stayed behind.

"Hey Mr. Tinker, would it be okay if me and a friend stayed with you for a bit? Just for safety reasons just incase something happens?"

Mr. Tinker closes the barn and smiles at the speed demon.

"Well of course! It would be nice to have some company. Let me just clean up. My house is a bit messy at the moment."

The two shook hands and Sonic zooms to the distance to tell Tails what happened.