Chap 5: Double Trouble

A/N I'm so sorry for not updating in a long time. I sort of forgotten that I wrote this thing. Again, sorry.

Mr. Tinker is diligently working at the the rides for Eggman land. The small amusement park is nearing its completion with only a few wires are needed to be rework before it is fully operational. While fixing the wires, two shadows loom over the former doctor.

"Eggman?"

Tinker turns around and sees two skunks. One is beige and tall with a short tail and the other is short, a tad skinny, and his fur color is a bit similar to blue-green.

"Oh! No. I get that a lot but my name is Mr. Tinker. The amusement park is not yet finished but you two can visit when it is done."

The two skunks look at the former mechanic and the beige narrows his eyes.

"Uh-huh, the Doc said that you might be a little off. You are committing with us old man."

The short one smirks and covers his right fist with his left hand infront of him. The plump man gulps.

"I-I'm not sick, though..."

He stands up and tries to back away.

"Hey Mr. Tinker, can I-"

Tails enters the barn and notices the two intruders taking the former doctor. He immediately spin dashed the kidnappers and gets in front of Tinker.

"Who are you and what do you want!?"

The fox shouted. The two skunks laughed at him.

"Listen kid, mind your business..."

"Unless you're looking for trouble!"

"Better get out the way of..."

"ROUGH AND TUMBLE!"

Two skunks pose dramatically, looking very proud of themselves. Tails looks like going to have a headache while Tinker raises a brow in confusion but is happy for them.

"Can you guys just leave?"

The fox rubs the sides of his templates. The plump man nods.

"Not gonna happen kid. We got some special orders from the doctor."

The short one says as he crosses his arms. Tails looks at them, confused. Suddenly, he gets headbutt by Tumble. The former villain rushes to his aid but gets kicked in the chest by the smaller, Rough. He stumbles but regains his balance.

"Didn't doc say not to hurt him?"

The tall one asked. Tails takes this opportunity to use a spin dash on Tumble. He gets in front of Tinker again and checks if he was alright. The man just nodded and glares at the skunks. Rough growls and charges at the two but was picked up by the former doctor and thrown to his partner.

"You two threaten to kidnap me and hurt a child. I think you two should leave."

Tinker gets on a fighting stance while Tails looks up at him in surprise. The two intruders did not back down instead, charge at the two at the same time. Tough gets punch in the face by the surprisingly strong mechanic and gets kicked as well when he tries to stand up. Rough is able to grab the kitsune's tails but is spun like clothes in a dryer and promptly thrown across the room. The man gives the young fox a pat on the head.

"Doc said this would be easy!"

The blue-green skunk yells.

"We'll ask you again to leave..."

"So this fight can end quicker!"

"You two are no match for..."

"Tails and Mr. Tinker!"

The skunks growled and were about to lunge at the two again but Tinker grabs the two and throw them out the door and Tails shoots an energy ball by turning his arm into a cannon, sending the two assailants flying. It was super effective.

The fox cheers and turn his arm back to normal. On the other hand, the man looks at him with concern.

"Are you okay Tails?"

He kneels infront the kitsune to check for injuries.

"I'm fine. I've dealt with way worse."

The child just brushes the situation off and smiles. This just concerns the former doctor even more. He then remembers the conversation he had with Sonic and wonders if Tails went through the same thing.

'That would explain the arm cannon.'

He thought to himself. Sonic and Metal suddenly race to where they were.

"Are you two okay? We heard an explosion and the villager were locked in their houses!"

The two explain the situation. Metal adds the two skunks as enemies while Sonic ponders for a bit.

"Who was the doctor they were talking about?"

He absent mindedly ask.

"Don't know. We should probably be on the look out."

Tails shrugs but is visibly tense.

"We should tell the others what happened. Maybe ask team Chaotix or Shadow for help?"

Sonic sighs.

'Looks like we aren't done with the world yet.'

Tinker noticed that the hedgehog looked upset so he gives him a pan on the head.

"Look, I may not know what's going on but I assure you that things will be okay."

His former enemy looks up at him and gives him a smile.

"Yeah! We got this."

The blue blur gives a thumbs up.

"I will ensure that those who attack this village will be destroyed if they set foot here again."

Metal chimes in.

"Maybe tone down the violence there Mets."

Tails laughs.

"Do not refer to me as METS!"

The bot yells but everyone just laughs. He crosses his arms and looks at them, unamused. Unbeknownst to them, someone is watching from behind the trees.