Chap 1: Friends and Bot

So far, everything is going smoothly. Sonic is happily living with the amnesiac former villain, Mr. Tinker, and Tails will soon move in with them. They have a problem however. Metal Sonic. They took him to the kitsune's lab and now, they have no idea how to deal with him. This is the reason Tails hasn't move in with Sonic yet since they are still unsure of how the former doctor is going to act or react.

The hedgehog is on the roof, trying to think of a plan when a plump man shows up.

"Sonic, can I talk to you for a second?"

The sudden voice snapped the blue blur back to reality. He looks at the amnesiac mechanic who decides to sit next to him.

"What it's up? Is something wrong?"

The man looks forward and fidgets with his fingers, seemingly finding the right words to say.

"Well... I can tell something is really bothering you. And was curious but I don't really know how to say this properly so I'll just get to the point. So, what's on your mind? And don't tell me it's nothing."

Tinker looks at his quilted acquaintance who is look at the ground below. Perhaps he made a mistake asking the speed demon? Something in side him is telling him that the hedgehog being quiet is something... unnatural. He has no idea why he thinks that. Suddenly, an idea pops in his head. Slowly, he reaches out and gently strokes Sonic's head. This catches the anthro's attention. The former doctor quickly pulls his hand back.

"Sorry. I just figured that that might be comforting? I don't know."

Mr. Tinker stands up to live when Sonic calls him.

"Thanks for that. Also, would you mind if we go and visit Tails?"

The doctor looks back and smiles.

"I wouldn't mind. It may be a good opportunity to finally meet your best friend."

Sonic notifies his little brother about Mr. Tinker joining him for a visit and they speed up down the mountains to a humble house in a thick forest not far from the famed Green Hill Zone. The pair had to take the long route through the thick trees to avoid being seen as Mr. Tinker is still a secret. It took a while but they were able to creep to the front door. A twin tailed fox opens the door and gives the two an awkward smile.

"Hey there Sonic and umm... Mr. Tinker."

He gives the man a small wave.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you Tails!"

The cheerful plump mechanic reaches his hand to the young fox. With a bit of hesitation, the fox shakes the man's hand.

"So... we should probably head inside."

Tails nods and moves out of the way to let the two in. Tinker happily walks in while Sonic trails behind him wearily. The kitsune leads them to the living room and he grabs some snacks for their guest.

"Make yourself at home sir. I just need to talk to Sonic for a bit. We'll be back in a bit."

Quickly, the fox grabs Sonic and takes him to the kitchen.

"I know you said you'll bring him here but what is your plan exactly? I know you didn't just bring him here to meet me. Especially with Metal Sonic here."

Tails crosses his arms and leans on the countertop. Sonic smiles and rubs the back of his head as sweat drops from his face. The fox raises a brow.

"I want him to see Metal Sonic."

The kitsune's eyes widen as he processes the words Sonic uttered.

"WHAT! Are you crazy! It's bad enough that we are fixing Metal and you deciding to live with him. But to give Metal what he is asking for!"