Chap 4: To Take Care of Someone

It has been a few days since the since Metal Sonic was fixed and they are now back at Windmill Village. The town was sceptical of the arrival of the former killer robot but Sonic assures them that everything will be okay and that they have everything undercover. Tails has fully moved in. Everything was going perfect... well almost.

Metal Sonic, the former killer robot, is outside sitting under a tree in a small garden area with Mr. Tinker. People would often pass them and greet the former doctor but would quickly walk away when the spot the robot. The only thing he can do is sigh as he watches the leave. He understands that they have their reasons for fearing the machine but they never did the same for him. Perhaps he needs to socialize his companion more. That's when he got an idea. He runs inside a writes a quick letter addressed to Sonic and Tails that they will be visiting someone in the town. After that, he places in on the coffee table and walks back outside.

"Metal, would you mind if you come with me to visit someone?"

The for the man smiles while the bot looks up and stands up.

"I do not mind."

Metal responds in a cold monotone voice.

They walk through the small town and pass multiple houses. Soon, they arrive in front of a house far from any other house. The bot wonders why the man decided to take him here but he decided to not ask. Tinker knocks on the door and a lime green pronghorn answers. She smiles at the sight of the amnesiac doctor but her eyes narrow at the sight of the robot next to him.

"I know this is sudden but I hope you don't mind me bringing Metal Sonic here to meet you two. Don't worry he won't cause any trouble, I promise."

The man gives her a nervous smile and rubs the back of his head. She looks at him again with her purple eyes and smiles a little.

"So long as he doesn't hurt my sister then we it's fine."

She opens the door wider and lets the duo in. They walk in and Metal stares that the girl. Mr. Tinker introduces her as Clover the Pronghorn and they shake hands. Then they enter a bed room, though the bot would describe it more are a hospital room with all the medical equipment. His LED eyes land on a much younger pronghorn that is connected to the machines. Her bright yellow eyes filled with awe and wonder meets his cold bloody red ones.

"Metal, this Cassia, Clover's younger sister."

The man introduces.

"Hey there!"

Despite her looking weak and sick, her voice is full of joy and energy, which intrigues the bot.

"Hello miss Cassia. It is a pleasure to meet you."

He reaches out to shake her hand and she gladly takes it.

"You're actually a robot! That's so cool! I never thought I would meet a robot like you."

She examines his robotic hand and smiles from ear to ear.

"Really? Are you not afraid of me?"

The bot tilts his head slightly causing the forest green pronghorn to giggle. She shakes her head as she continues to smile. Tinker steps back away from the two and stands next to Clover, who has a smile on her face.

"Never seen her this happy before."

She looks up at the man, who himself is smiling.

"Maybe I'll bring him every time I visit or have him visit you two. He seems to also and joy her company. Maybe he can even help you out, if he wants to."

They watch as the two converse for a while. From time to time, the two adults would pitch in the conversation. None of them realize that is getting late. The guests of the pronghorns say their goodbyes and head back home.

"The visit when better that what I originally thought it would go."

The bot suddenly says while they walk.

"Looks like you made a new friend."

Tinker chuckles and smiles.

"Perhaps. I do wonder what is Cassia's sickness to require medical equipment that are use in hospitals."

Metal looks up at the man.

"I don't know actually. All I know is that it is something that it has no cure and it is not contagious."

The man places a hand on his chin as he recalls early conversations of Cassia's condition.

"I see..."

There is a long silence of between them. Just as they are able to see their house, the man decides to speak.

"Metal, can you help out Clover and Cassia if you aren't busy? You don't have to do it if you don't want to. You always have the freedom to decline."

The robot thinks of his creator's word.

"As you said, I made a new friend. From information I gathered from interactions from Sonic and his friends, it is important to help each other. In turn, I will do what I can to help Clover and Cassia to the best of my abilities."

Content, Mr. Tinker pets the machine's metallic head. They reach the house. Sonic and Tails are on the couch waiting for them.

"Welcome back guys."

Tails greets them at the door. Sonic lazily waves at them and smirks at Metal. Metal just glares at the azure hedgehog.

"So... how did the visit go?"

The twin tailed fox asks.

"It went great. Clover and her sister actually seem to not mind me bringing Metal to visit them."

The man soon heads to the kitchen to cook dinner for them.

"Metal actually got along with them?"

The blue blur looks at his robotic counterpart again

"If you must know, I formed a  friendships with Clover and her sister."

The crosses his arms and stand tall.

"Really?! That awesome! Proud of yah Mets."

The two anthros give Metal a thumbs up.

"Please, refrain from address me as Mets."

The robot made a groan like noise and rolls his eyes. They then wait for Tinker to finish making dinner. After, they all head to bed.

Perhaps Cassia can teach the hardened war machine to feel.

A/N
Okay for those who don't know, Clover and Cassia aren't OC of mine. They are from the Archie comics and I wanted to add them to the story coz I really like them and I think they are neet characters. Also sorry of being a little late on this chapter. Anyways, thanks for reading.