Chapter Six - The Monster in the Mirror

"You see, Tae. You can't see hyung for a while," his father informed him as the two stood outside, wearing all black in an opened field five year old Taehyung didn't recognize.

"Why not, papa? I miss hyung," Taehyung pouted while gripping onto his father's coat with his small hands curled into fists.

"If you could see him, I would let you," his father sadly smiled. "But he loves you, remember that."

Taehyung didn't understand. Where did Seokjinnie hyung go? Why wasn't he with them?

"What about mommy?" Taehyung asked, glancing over to see the woman standing there staring up at the sky with an emotionless expression as the wind blew her hair.

His father looked to her before looking back at Taehyung with a saddened smile. "Taehyung, you can't keep forgetting. You can't see your hyung. And that's not your mother. Don't you remember papa's powers?"

No, I don't papa.

I don't remember. I can't.

I can't.

The sound of pans being smacked together caused Taehyung to wake up instantly with a shriek, jumping up from out of his sleep and sitting up in bed to see none other than his mentor standing there with two pans in his hands.

"I DIDN'T GET NO FUCKING SLEEP CAUSE OF Y'ALL! Y'ALL NOT GONNA GET NO SLEEP CAUSE OF ME!" Skye yelled while banging them together, dancing back and forth before red magic caused the two to fly into the ceiling before crashing back onto the ground.

"Okay damn," Skye rolled his eyes as Taehyung stood up and rubbed his eyes with a sleepy groan. "Good job using your ability though," he patted his head and Taehyung pushed it away.

"How did you even get in here?" he asked and Skye laughed. "I can...like....go through walls and shit. It's pretty litty."

"Please don't ever use that word ever again," Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Litty," Skye grinned before snorting loudly.

"But anyways, it's time for day two of training with the big guns. Do you think you're ready? Ha, as if you have a choice. Of course you are!" Skye clapped his hands together.

Taehyung turned around, grabbing the comforter as he tried to go back to bed but Skye dragged him out. "No no no— not there."

The two pulled different ways, before Taehyung pulled a little too hard which caused him to fall back with Skye on top of him, their faces inches apart.

The two immediately blush. "You know if I kissed you it'd be pretty gay," Skye said and Taehyung pushed him off while they both stood up. "Well I'm not gay."

"HA! That's funny. Anyways, meet me at the training court during first period. But don't worry, you won't be fighting any of the other students," he got closer to him. "You'll be fighting me," he smirked with a wink.

Then, he started going through the floor, but suddenly stopped right on his neck. "Uh, fuck. I'm stuck."

Taehyung stared down at him, shrugging before walking away. "Hey—HEY! Don't leave me! Hoe!" Skye yelled, but Taehyung already left. "WHORRRRREEE!"

He looked left and right, but saw no one. He sighed: "Welp. Guess I live here now."

Jackson soon entered the room, only wearing a robe as he had come back from the showers. "What the fuck."

Skye glances up, "don't mind me. Do your thing." Jackson shrugged, just getting ready per usual as if it didn't even phase him.

This was normal I guess.