Chapter 23 - Marionette

I've got no strings

To hold me down.

To make me fret.

Or make me frown.

I had strings...

But now I'm free.

There are no strings on me

When someone has strings, it's hard to confuse those strings with strings of destiny, or red strings connecting soulmates, strings connecting you to your past, or strings held up and manipulated by a puppeteer.

In many ways, there are many strings.

And no one is truly free.

Solbi found her way into the library, it being almost empty from most students being elsewhere. She made her way towards the back, towards the history books and maps sneakily. The bookshelves were high, almost like a library from some sort of castle or fairytale. She hoped it wouldn't be too hard to find what she needed to destroy.

Solbi couldn't deny, she hid from her past in the worst way. She ignored it all together, and forces herself to forget what happens by forcing herself not to use the abilities that keeps her grounded into that reality.

That what she did actually happened.

After going through countless shelves, she finally found the rolled up scrolls hidden in drawers underneath. On the scrolls were different dates, and she took as many as she could. "This should be good enough."

Once taking the scrolls, she hurried out of the library and to her dorm room. She laid them out over her bed, reading through them to see different facts about how the school was built and why it was built. On one of the pages was a large picture of L.H, with a small caption underneath telling her name and her current status: deceased.

And even years after everything had happened, no one actually knew how L.H died. Apart from the mentors. Everyone always felt saddened that they didn't get to understand, but Solbi understood that burden. Probably even worse than the mentors understood.

As she looked through the scrolls, she started to notice there wasn't a map in any of them. The last thing she needed was for Jimin to find the map before her. Or else he would discover the truth.

The sound of the bell ringing caused her to jump, seeing the time and knew it was training period. Quickly she rolled up the scrolls and hid them underneath her blanket, grabbing her suit and left the room.