Chapter two: Fish

~Kyles PoV~

The first thing that came back to me was the smell as lavender filled my nostrils and then my eyes fluttered open.  The bed underneath me was stiff, probably from the lack of actually being a bed and more of a cot.

I perched up and looked around the place to see I was in a tent of a kind. It reminded me of the Renaissance fair tents with a mid-evil vibe.

Suddenly a flap was opened and someone walked into the large tent. Their body was covered in pelts and my first instinct told me to scream, so that's exactly what I did.

As a shrill scream erupted from the young prince's throat a hand quickly covered his mouth and muted his screams.

"Shhh, quiet you don't want to bring any more crawlers do ya?"  the new person said

Their voice was sweet but strong and for some reason, Kyle started to calm down.

"Now my name is on a need to know basis and right now sadly for your handsome self you don't need to know," the stranger said

Kyle's face heated up and a thin layer of blush spread across his cheeks. But the layer quickly deepened as he found himself focusing on her lips, her lips were small but cute almost fish-like.

That's it!

"Fine, since I must address you like something then I will call you Fish" Kyle started staring into her eyes

"Fish?" the stranger gave him a confused look begging for him to explain.

"Fish is the obvious answer because of your pretty lips" Kyle made some fish lips and pecked them in delight at his newly found intelligence.

"I wasn't aware you spent so much time looking at my lips" the girl replied looking at the prince

Kyle was too embarrassed to respond as he deepened into himself and if possible his blush got deeper.

"What's your name?" Fish asked the boy in the tent

"wheres my manners, I'm Prince Kyle, of the Drakon kingdom" the boy replied

The stranger's eyes widened and they jumped back grabbing Kyles's hand and pulling him out of bed. "we must go to the rulers and tell them the news of a Prince that has come, maybe you are too fulfill the prophecy"

Fish rushed around the tent and grabbed fur coats that would allow them to reach the palace. Fish dressed Kyle in different clothes and dragged him out of the tent back into the infested woods.

I pulled free of her iron grip and said "What prophecy? what are you talking about?"

Fish stopped and turned to Kyle "We can't talk now but trust me it's very important we have to get to the castle" she said

"How do I know that I can't trust you," Kyle said

"you don't," Fish said before clasping Kyles and once again and rushing him into the misty woods, towards the palace.

They reached a castle and Kyle stopped to stare in aww "I didn't even know the Void had rulers or a castle, I mean there were rumors but there was no exact proof"

Fish turned and said "Figures, most aren't brave enough to travel through the void or don't live long enough to tell anyone what they've seen" before trudging in to castle.

Right away we were stopped by a man in metal armor "What is your business with the kings?"

Fish just looked at him and said "We need to discuss the prophecy, I think I've found the prince that it speaks of"

The man's eyes widened as he regarded me before moving aside and giving the signal to the other guards to led us through.

As we entered through a giant wooden and metal door I was stunned to see a nice normal room enlaced in gold and covered in crawler heads. Yep Baby heads everywhere seemed to be a giant theme with these people I wonder if it's a fashion taste.

Suddenly two people entered the room and one of the workers announced "Now introducing King Drew and King Oliver"

My eyes widened as the second name was mentioned "Oliver?!?!"
"Kyle!??!"

The two shared a moment before lacing each other in a hug, he and Oliver had been close for a long time being neighboring kingdoms might have been one of the reasons but Oliver was like a second brother to him.

" You're okay! How and why are you here?!"
I said looking at my old friend

"its a long story but... You could say I fell in love" Oliver eyes clouded and he turned to give Drew a kiss on the cheek.

"But your kingdom? And your mother Queen Jaime has been so upset!" I said remembering the Garden Queen who looked almost like she hadn't slept in days.

"It doesn't matter anymore Kyle, that was my past life. But the real question is why re you here?" Oliver said refusing to look Kyle in the eyes

This time Fish responded "I believe he is the prince if the prophecy"

King Drews's eyes widened and he tried to refocus, as he said "As this is now alarming news we can not be sure until we consult with the sorcerers Seren"

Drew led us into another room got on his knees in front of a triangle shape thing of the floor before he started to chant

"BOTTOM!"

"BOTTOM!"

"BOTTOM!"

"BOTTOM!"

"BOTTOM!"

At first, nothing happened but as the chanting continued the room started to shake, it darkened and by every second the triangle on the ground started to get brighter, and brighter.

I showed to keep going bright gold and it for some reason got colder, an the triangle in space in the triangle spot started to cane in and swirls. The solid ground swirled upward and danced up and up before it reached back down and in it's place stood a woman in all black.

Her face resembled one of a teenager around Drews and Olivers age but mascara seemed to be decorating her skin. She knelt down toward Drew and when she had reached eye level with him she said in a deep Scottish accent.

"Daddy?"

This is full of too many inside jokes for a normal person soo go away if you ain't in that chat. -sincerely Groot