Chapter four: Why do you care?

~Kyles Pov-

As Seren finished her chant, I started to feel something drop in my stomach. It was so empty and caused shivers to run across my spine. what was it? so cold and chilling. oh that what it was,

fear.

but I also felt something else

I turned toward Drew, my hands shaking.

"Why me? why do I have to help You?!"

yep, there it was.

Anger.

"Whats stopping me from going home and acting like all this never happened?"

at this point I was almost screaming.

"You don't understand. Kyle. This affects everyone. The virus was just the beginning." Drew said looking me in the eyes with the kind of authority that would make Batman tremble.

"The begging of What?" I said

"The beginning of the end" he said with such despair that I just couldn't bring myself to believe him. The world couldn't end.

Could it?

Suddenly my legs fell beneath me and i could distantly see Oliver rushing toward me, his lips were moving but I couldn't hear what he was saying. my hands clutched my head as I felt someone rap their arms around my middle.

Darkness swarmed my vision like the plague as I started to shake. my head started to hurt, It hurt, it hurt so much. I tried to stop myself as I felt my face get wet from warm tears. I couldn't cry. Warriors don't cry.

Then as if the world gave mercy upon me, I lost my grip of conscience and fell forward.

-Fish's POV-

Suddenly Kyle started screaming as the sorcerer finished the prophecy. I watched as he fell over, obviously in pain. Oliver was the first one to react as I saw him rush past me to Kyles side. I was barely aware of my own feet as I found my self holding my little Prince's middle as he wept.

We stayed like that his grip on his head weakened and he went limp in my arms. I scooped him up bridal style, ignoring the others in the room and carried him up to where I know was the direction toward the guest rooms.

my foot steps echoed against the stone as I looked down at Kyle's sleeping figure. his hair falling over some of his face. I remembered when we had first met, he had been socked in blood, but there was still reminisce of hair gel that lingered. But now his hair was wild and free. Like he was now, free.

I entered one of the old rooms on the second floor and rested my Prince on the bed. My little prince subconsciously curled up into a ball. I pulled a blanket over his form, before walking out of the room.

As the door clicked behind me, I found my self grab my dagger from my boot and stormed forward. My pace quickened as I got closer to the room that held the one who had hurt my little prince.

I crashed in to the main room seeing Seren sitting by the small table with a cob of joe. Before anyone could say "Basement" Seren was against the wall with a dagger to their neck.

"What did you do to him?!" I said as I felt Seren squirm underneath me.

"Why do you care?!" that only my blood boil as I could see their smile grow has they said it.

"I don't!" I said

"oh really, because then what the fuck are you doing!?" they said

what the fuck was I doing. I just pinned Seren against a wall for a kid, I met yesterday.I couldn't care for him. could I? NO. I cant care. I haven't cared for anyone since...since...