Part Twenty-seven (Mr Esan)

Part Twenty-seven.

°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°

Daphne's POV

The tall and very huge man whom I realized to be Bella's dad, instructed the security man not to open the gate. I saw red at that moment. I thought about confronting him and giving him a piece of my mind but decided against it, it would do my mother no good.

After he went inside with my mother, the little brat came towards me to spoil my mood all over again. She ranted about what and what she wanted from her dad. 'Well what about my own requests.' I thought.
Mother didn't even consider my feelings and how staying here with this unbearable people would look like, she just made her decision on what would suit her best.

I watched helplessly as they all went into the house, even the security guy who managed to pass me a look of helpless pity with a small smile, left for his own quarters leaving me alone, standing before the big black gate. I stood motionless for a while before I decided to go back into the building.
After all it's only going to be for a couple of days or less and mom and I can go back to our normal lives. A life without all these drama.

I hissed at my predicament then made my way back into the house. Mother and her boyfriend weren't in the sitting room when I arrived so I suppose they're talking some things over. I propped down on one of the sofas closer to the exit door, just in case I need to make a run for it. Bella and her sidekick Mirian were setting up the table for what I would call visitor's welcome meal, because in my house we don't have dinner by six pm in the evening.

I watched their every move closely because they might decide to poison my food. When they finished setting the table I saw Mirian walk upstairs, while HRH Bella stood behind one of the dining chairs. She's still wearing the crop top that left her stomach bare and hadn't thought to put on something more appropriate over it.
Soon, Mirian came down to the sitting room.

"They won't be joining us for dinner tonight. Let's just eat and keep theirs aside. " She remarked as she pulled out one of the chairs and made herself comfortable. After sorting out the food she would like to have in her own plate, she started eating. Bella on the other hand, chewed meticulously on an orange fibre while she glared at me the whole time. I slowly rose from the couch and sat down beside Mirian, also glaring at Bella with the same intensity.

It was a miracle that we finished the food in peace whilst we minded our business. Mirian volunteered to do the dishes and I couldn't agree more. I was in dire need of a place to lay my head and scroll down to all the notifications on my phone. Bella went upstairs and I decided to wait for Mirian to finish washing the plates so she can take me to the room I would be staying in. I laid down on the longest couch and closed my eyes which were beginning to feel heavy when I left them open. I was really tired, emotionally and otherwise, from the drama of today.

I was spending the night in Bella's room, that was the shocking news Mirian told me.
"But why, is there not a spare room or whatever?" I asked.

"That was the instruction and decision from Mr Esan, you're as old as his daughter so he thought he should probably treat you as one." She replied.

I simply sighed out of frustration and continued the journey with her. We arrived back at the room I recognized to be Bella's, and after she mumbled something into Bella's ear, she turned to me and smiled cheekily.
"Have a good evening, the both of you." She said before leaving me standing outside Bella's room.

"Do I have to ask your permission to enter?"

"I know you lack manners, so, you don't have to act so modest around me. You can come in if you want." She continued scribbling on a piece of paper on the reading table.

Her room lacks the impression of a normal teenage-girl's room. The wall's painted blue with the white curtains that covered the windows, the white reading table and chair located towards the left end of the room. The creamy coloured circle rug and queen-sized bed, positioned in the center of the room and then a dressing mirror and white closet by the right end, besides the window.
Whoever decorated her room did not do a bad job but I guess Bella doesn't know good things when she sees one.

The walls of my own room were covered with stickers and pictures of my favourite actors, pictures of special events with my family and friends and even all the awards I've ever won. Walking into my room, one doesn't need to be told that the room belongs to a teenage girl, as everything in it breathes teenager.

I dropped my bag on the bed and started to unpack the few things I could. I took out my phone charger, headphones, my towel and a bar of soap, then hung up the few dresses I brought with me. It was a routine of mine to always have my bathe before going to sleep, so I took my towel, my nightgown and soap into HRH's bathroom. When I came out from the bathroom, I couldn't see Bella in her room anymore. Not that I care, it's just that I wouldn't want to do anything she might not like. It's better to let the sleeping dogs lie.

"Hmph! Anyways...who cares." Shrugging my shoulders, I sat down at the edge of the bed and put on my headphone. I also swiped through the messages on my phone, reading comments and posts on Facebook as well as Instagram. Lost in my own world, I didn't realize when Mirian came into the room until she removed the headphone.

"Didn't you hear me?"

"How can I, when I'm listening to music."

"Okay. I said we're watching Zeeworld downstairs, would you like to join us?" She put her hands on her waist, stood at akimbo and looked at me like I'm a rare specie.

Though I enjoyed watching that Indian TV channel, I wouldn't want to risk going closer to Bella's dad. He scares me off.
"No thanks, I'm feeling sleepy. Maybe tomorrow."

Nodding her head in understanding, she made a U-turn and left me alone. I have to do everything in my power to prevent whatever that is brewing between my mom and Bella's dad, there's no way I'm accepting this new life and family as one I'd have to live with. Never.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I know it's short and definitely not interesting but I'm not feeling too good, so I thought to drop something for some lovely people out there.
You guys are seriously the best, thanks for everything you do for for me and this book. It means a lot to all of us.

Thanks to @dammmmm praying for me, to Bibi_L15 and TreKonsi for ensuring I update, by leaving sweet words on my board, and to the lot of you, for taking your time to read this book.

We're at 8k reads...└|∵|┐♪ Thank you. Stay healthy and stay safe. Happy new month.