Part Thirty B (We're Returned!)

Part Thirty B

Shout out to aminaabdullahi__ her comments always crack me up.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I squealed so loud, I'm sure my eardrums have gone dormant for now

I squealed so loud, I'm sure my eardrums have gone dormant for now. The feeling I had right now was ecstasy. I was so happy that if I'm asked to jump over a flight of stairs right now, I would do so without saying much.

Uncle Bola has just promised to get me my very own laptop before I clock seventeen this year. I was over the moon with happiness. Not only because my entire family came into the year 2020, I was also happy because I would stop stealing and requesting for Kenneth's laptop. I downloaded the writing app, Dreame and the game app, Choices, on his laptop and I don't always have the chance to play with them. But after hearing that I'll get mine soon, I was elated.

I was humming and dancing to Tiwa Savage's All Over, and folding the clothes I brought in from the clothe-line outside the house when I heard the sound of my brother, whistling as he came towards the room we shared. He opened the door wider and let himself in.

He jumped on one of the beds in the room.

"So... For your mind naa, you get laptop soon. Anyways, the earliest the best, cause I can't wait to delete those useless apps you've downloaded on my own laptop."

I sneered at him. He was trying to get a reaction from me.

I wasn't going to let him know how much that piece of good news is making my day, otherwise he would crush my hopes.

He stood up and picked up the soccer ball he always kept in the room, probably going out to play a game of soccer with his friends. He started walking out the door but stopped.

He turned back to face me, he smirked and wriggled his eyebrows.

"I bet daddy won't let you use that laptop until you've finished writing your final and entrance exams."

"Yeah whatever, when I get to that bridge I'll cross it." I retorted.

"Suit yourself!" He banged the door.

I wished Granny was around to hear that, she'll give him a lecture.
My grandmother was the best, though she has her bad times. I never regretted ever coming to the village, in fact, it's the period Kenneth and I enjoy the most.
Eating lots and lots of native food and leftovers.

It wasn't that we were her only grandchildren, but we were I believe, the ones that are closer to home. My dad's brother, uncle Bola, lives in Europe with his family and they only came around once in a long time. Their only surviving sister, aunt Queen, bore four children in her husband's home but they hardly came around too. So that just lives me, Ken, Kathryn, Emerald and Joshua to spend this holiday period with grandma.