A SURPRISE VISIT

Jannie's POV

After entering the guest bedroom where I was to sleep, I looked around and the room looked masculine. It had everything I would need but I felt empty.

After unpacking, I decided to give my friend Triyah Brown a call as I sat on the bed.

"I'm sorry about what happened to you, I saw the wedding in the news. How can your sister did that to everyone especially you." I knew she would worry that is why I decided to call her. I really love her though she's crazy in a good way and happily married to Louis Brown.

"I'm ok and I knew that it had to be me who had to solve this issue. Look at the big picture am single so you never know I might have won a lottery." We were quiet for some time because she could tell that I was joking and deep down I was hurting.

This is not the life I had imagined for myself. I always wanted to marry a simple man and get a beautiful family with lots of love. Who knew that life had different plans for me.

"Your a great person and maybe after he discovers how awesome you are, you can actually make the marriage work so that am not the only one who is married." She was always optimistic but I knew that this wouldn't work because Jaden was in love with my sister.

After talking to her I decided to sleep, I wanted to be fresh for tomorrow. I had to start planning for what I was going to teach for the next term at my school. I love teaching the children at the children center for those with disabilities. They bring me joy when I teach them and I love seeing their smile. I smiled at the thought that school will start within two weeks and won't deal with Maxwell all the time. I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up at the sound of someone banging on the door.

"Miss wake up and have breakfast Mr Maxwell is already waiting for you at the table." I jumped out of the bed at the mention of Maxwell. I quickly brushed my teeth, changed my clothes and went down stairs. I couldn't believe my eyes this place, it was beautiful and expensive but what can you expect from a penthouse.

I stood in the door way to the dinning area as I stared at Maxwell. He really looked good in just sweat pants and a vest. I could see all the muscles and the more I stared at him my heart started beating so fast.

"If you can stop staring at me as if am one fine meal you would like to have, I would like to talk to you." I bet I blushed a little bit but I managed to pull myself together and made my way to the table for breakfast.

We ate in silence until I couldn't handle it anymore so I decided to speak up first.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" He stopped eating and looked at me for some time. we stared at at each other until I saw a sudden change of emotions in his eyes. Within a seconds he was now emotionless and he was back to all business Maxwell.

"I want us to get to know a little bit about each other since we are going to be staying together. I will ask a few questions and you can also ask me anything you want to know about me. So I will go first." I felt like I was about to be interviewed for a job.

"What do you do? I Know we are married but I don't even know your job."

"That is easy to answer, am a teacher at a children's center." I did not want to give a lot of details so I made the answer short. I felt like I wasn't ready let him know so much about me.

"My turn, so why do you love my sister so much that your willing to look for her though she left you on your wedding day?" After I finished the question I realised I might have gone too far. I could see how his mood changed at the mention of my sister. When I was about to tell him that it's ok even if he didn't answer he surprised me.

"I met Leanah at the club, I know it's a weird place to meet but I was having a hard time. When we talked, I discovered that we connected a lot and we went on different dates. I really felt that she was the one that's why I proposed and she accepted." I saw a slight smile at the mention of the proposal but it was immediately covered up with a frown.

"I think I rushed her into everything, I mean a proposal after two months of dating and marriage after two weeks. I don't blame her for leaving me like that but I want to start a fresh if I find her." I don't know why I felt weird when he mentioned about finding my sister. Was I disappointed!

We talked about a lot of things like my friend Triyah and he told me about his company. I also got to know about his grandma who is sick and he told me that she should never know what our marriage was all about because she has a week heart. By the time we were done talking it was coming to 11 a.m.
As I was leaving the table we had the door bell ring, I looked at him wondering if he had invited someone but I was surprised when I got the same look from him. We both went to open the door and what a surprise we got.

"Grandma, Oh My God." He almost closed the door in her face but I stopped him. What a perfect timing!