Business Trip

Jannie's POV

I wished the ground would swallow me there and then as I looked at Micheal and his girlfriend. I could not stop blushing so I had to get some alone time.

"Excuse me, let me come back in a minute." I hurried off while everyone just stared at me.

I rushed upstairs, went into the bathroom to tidy up and collect my breath. When I looked in the mirror, I couldn't understand myself anymore. I was seriously falling for Jayden. While some part of me was discouraging it, another part of me liked the idea of us together and was already creating excuses. 'He's your husband after all, nothing to feel ashamed of.' I later went downstairs to join the rest.

On entering the sitting room, I saw Jaden on the phone at the other end while Michael and his girlfriend were watching tv so I joined them.

'Is there something wrong with my friend? am starting to feel like am at the wrong house.' Michael turned to me with accusing eyes.

'Did something happen while you were in Africa?' He asked. I just sat there looking so innocent. Honestly nothing worth telling had happened between Jaden and I. I was saved from answering when Jaden sat next to me and pulled me on his lap, holding me by the waist.

He turned my face to look at him and kissed me. All the while he made me feel shy, when I turned and looked at his friend, I felt like dying there then because of the look he was giving us.
It was as if he was looking at two strangers. I hugged Jayden and slept in his chest.

Jaden's pov

I received  a call from my secretary. There was an emergency at the company that needed my immediate response. One of our customers in China wanted to terminate the contract and I had to go there personally.

' Jannie, I'm flying to China tonight. I need to convince our customer to extend our contract.' After I said that I looked in her eyes and I couldn't believe what I saw.

'Was she worried about me, it was hard to believe but that is what I saw in her eyes.'

'When will you be back?' Jennie asked me with concern in her eyes.

'I will be gone for three days,' I was glad to have someone waiting for me at home. I smiled at her, turned and  caught Michael looking at me in a weird way.

'Jannie, what did you do to my best friend? Why is he acting so soft and cheesy? Michael asked while shaking his head. He stood up and pulled his girlfriend with him.

'I can't stay with you two, nice trip to China.' He left with his girlfriend. I had to also pack up a few clothes I had to take with me.

When I was done with packing, I called my secretary whom I was traveling with.

'Hello miss Bella, come pick me up in one hour so that we can head to the Airport together.' She had already packed her clothes because I never left her behind anytime I went on a business trip. Sometimes I felt like she did a lot for me but I also paid her a lot for her time.

After miss Bella picked me up, we went to China. I was very tired by the time we arrived at the hotel. She gave me my key and decided to have a nap before meeting our customer.

I was woken up by a nock on the door. When I opened, it was miss Bella fully dressed.

'How come your already dressed, I thought we were meeting him in the evening.' I talked to her while going back to my room.

She pulled me out of bed, ' I'm sorry Jaden but the meeting was pushed forward. We are meeting him for lunch at his home.' After she was done speaking I realized we were standing close to each other so I took a step back.

'I hope you remember to call me Mr Jaden when we are having lunch with our customer. I don't want anyone thinking we have something going on, am married now and you need to get that or else I will have to let you go.' I spoke to her in a harsh tone because I wanted her to get it. She is my favorite employee and I do not want to lose her.

After having lunch with Mr Jack Ma, he agreed to sign another contract with us. He also invited us for a drink at his favorite club. I accepted to go because there was a chase of meeting new customers.

At around 8pm, I found miss Bella waiting for me outside the hotel.

'Here, have the key to my room, am obviously going to drink quite a lot but one of us has to be sobber.' I placed the keys in her hands as we headed to the car.

When we arrived at the club, there were more people Mr Jack had invited  and I took it as a chance to convince them to become part of my company  or customers. I drank too much while I talked to different people and ended up being completely drank.

I was woken up by my phone ringing non stop, I looked at the time to find it was already midday. When I got out of the bed, I was wearing nothing and I had a pounding headache.

'Hello,what are you trying to tell me,' it was Micheal and he was telling something but I wasn't getting it. I only heard the last words he told me.

' Why would you do that to Jannie, I  thought you were giving your relationship a chance, you have messed up big time. All I have to tell you is that she's gone, Jannie is gone.'