fake it til i make it

(a week before Yeji's day)

RYU POV
it's a week before Yeddeong's birthday and Yuna is coming over to help me plan for a surprise. yes, i know that i'm planning a week before the event, AGAIN. BUT this time, i will be focused and will not forget another special day, otherwise i won't have a girlfriend. this surprise plan has been going on around february already, and only Yuna and I knows about this. we've only talked about this alone, not even Ryeong knows.

yes, i planned this ahead by approximately 2 months. so i lied to everyone who asked if there's something bothering my mind for me to forget v-day, 'cause there is. not that it actually bothers me, it just frustrates me u know. i don't lie, i don't like it. i could pull off some lies here and there but not an expert with it. i could've just got frustrated from hiding it 'cause 1. Yeddeong is always with me, she's a giant clingy baby. 2. the squad is smart especially Chaeryeong, she'll figure it out in a snap. 3. Lia unnie can get talkative so she might spill it if she knew about this. 4. Yuna is very hyper and scared of the three mentioned, hence if questioned, there goes the surprise. that's basically it.

a knock however was heard throughout the room. a very common knock and not the usual knock pattern Yuna and I made for us to easily identify who's who.

"come in!" i shouted. i anticipated the opening of my door while sitting on my bed, thinking who could it possibly be.

as the door opened and closed, it is-

DAMN YUNA.

THE GIANT HYPER BABY, SHIN YUNA.

"yah, unnie! why is your face like that?" Yuna asked while holding back a laugh, almost turning red. should i let die from laughter or die from holding back and turn red. hmm.

"u should've knocked in pattern and not the common one. i thought it was someone else, the materials are scattered and only u can see them." i shook my head and punched Yuna's arm moderately, earning an "ow" from her.

"yah, what was that for? u could've hit me lightly instead. u're the strongest among us 5, why punch like i'm a plywood?" she said as she rub her arm and holding it carefully.

"because u scared me. quit whining, let's talk and make banners or something." i said as i pick up some of the materials.

"unnie, what if someone barge in here? i'm the only one that knocks at ur door and they only do when u're mad or problematic." she asked as we start crafting.

"well that someone can't if u locked the door, right?" i looked at her with a stern gaze and my lips sealed tight.

"sorry, i forgot." she said before standing up and head to my door.

"unnie, i walked past Chaeryeong unnie awhile ago." she nonchalantly said as she slowly walks to my door.

"did u two talk before u got here? or she just saw u head here?" i asked frantically. 'cause it's Ryeong, the sharpest among us 5.

"hmm, we didn't. i just walked past her and gave a smile." she answered carelessly as she's standing at the door. shit- why'd she do that? it's not a very Yuna thing to do.

"LOCK THE DOOR NOW!" i firmly commanded Yuna to do so, 'cause i know Ryeong will come here any second. i know she figures even the slightest thing.

"what's with the voice, unnie? it's not like she'll walk-" she said facing me and still not locking the damn door, getting cut off.

there it is.

i was right.

nice one Yuna.

"-in here" she finished her sentence. only now, Ryeong is actually here. GREAT.