Chapter 1 - the beginning

"(Y/N)...Good luck at the tournament...AND DON'T YOU DARE TO LOOSE MORE THAN ONE DUEL, GOT IT?!" (F/N) 'motivated' (Y/N) after he gave her his Rise Falcon.
"I won't. See you tomorrow!" the (H/C) replied and ran off to her father's car. They drove off to the city.

"The third place goes to Michael Chestnut. The second place goes to Kyle Myers. And the first place goes to..." the judge said at the end of the tournament.

(Y/N) looked down at her feet. She dueled pretty hard and had her friends' and her sibling's cards, so she kind off felt like she failed them.
"(Y/N) (L/N)!" the judge finished.

The (E/C) eyes widened.
"What?" she asked. Everyone turned around to see her.
"A girl won?" could be heard from the crowd.
"Good job (Y/N)! I knew you could do it!" cheered Michael. Then, the same cheering could be heard from the crowd.

"Come up here, so you get your reward!" the judge said and gestured (Y/N) to come up on the stage. "Here you go." He gave the girl a special Ultra Rare pack, full of rare cards. "And something extra for the first girl ever to win at this tournament." he added, pushing a Stardust Synchro Dragon in her hands.

"Wow thanks! But, don't you think you're spoiling me a bit?" the (H/C) said, finally taking her eyes off the card she just got.
"Not a bit, quite a lot-" said Kyle, peeking from behind (Y/N). She gave him that her 'you better shut up, OR ELSE' look, and he immediately stopped talking.
"No, no. Keep it. I know you always wanted a Signer Dragon." replied the judge.

After they left, (Y/N)'s Dad took her and (S/N), her brother/sister on a victory dinner at the Asian restaurant Chang. Then, they went home. The next day, (Y/N) went to hang out with (F/N).

"Yes! I knew you could win! Didn't doubt for even a second!" (F/N) said when the girl told him, that she won.
"Uh huh." (Y/N) said sarcastically.
"Anyways-" continued (F/N), but he got cut off by a loud sound of explosions. "What was that?!" he said.

The two ran up the hill to see, what caused the explosions.
"No way..." said (Y/N) as her mouth opened in shock.
There were huge robots that she saw some Fusions use destroying their home. And, speak of the devil, some Fusionite soldiers came up, searching for people to card, too.
(Y/N)! (Y/N)! RUN!" (F/N) snapped (Y/N) out of her thoughts by dragging her off the open, to the woods. The two ran, but soon, an explosion sent them flying over to some sort of a small cave and knocked them out.

"Ugh...What happened?" (Y/N) asked, holding her head.
"We got attacked..." explained (F/N), looking at (Y/N). "You're bleeding!" (Y/N) looked down at her left arm, but only to see it bleeding from some cuts.
"Minor injuries. I had worse too." she replied.
"They seem deep. We should treat them." said the boy.
"Dude. I literally haven't treated my burn, 6 inches and 2 centis when I was 9. Nothing. Happened. I can work with this." the girl protested.
"We're still going to treat it." said (F/N), grabbing (Y/N) by her uninjured arm, dragging her out of the cave.

He first made sure the coast was clear, then he led her down to a small, yet clean creek. He dumped (Y/N)'s left hand into the water.
"I'm sorry if it stings or if it's cold, I can't do anything about it." he muttered.

He cleaned the girl's wounds and bandaged her hand.
"Thanks but...You know that we could just go to my house and do it there, with alcohol?" (Y/N) said. (F/N) sighed.
"I'm afraid that there is no more home."
(Y/N) stood there, processing what she just heard. "What?"
(F/N) led (Y/N) on top of the hill. What she saw was shocking.

Almost every building was destroyed. No sign of people at all.
"The Academia did this... The Fusions destroyed our home." he explained in a sad, yet calm voice. A tear rolled down the girl's cheek.
"Angelica...Anya...Alina, Christoff, Max...Michael..." (Y/N) said shakily. "They're all...Carded..."
"We couldn't help (Y/N). But we can fight to get our home back." tried the boy.
The two walked away, strapping their Duel Disks to their forearms, searching for Fusion.

Days passed. (Y/N) and (F/N) had hunt down a lot of Fusion and even got a device that allows you to travel into a different dimension from one of them. The only problem was, that it was so used up, that it would work for only once. They made a plan how they would use it only in extreme emergency. But who knew, that the time to use it would come way earlier than they thought it would.

"Are you sure you won't need Rise Falcon back?" asked (Y/N).
"No. Even if you won in the tournament, it doesn't mean you can fight off everyone. I'm still better than you in dueling. You need that card." replied (F/N).
"Gee, thanks..." mumbled (Y/N).
"Hold up, I think I hear something." the male sushed the female.
Both of them summoned their monsters, (Y/N) Pandemic Dragon and (F/N) Supreme King Starving Venom.
"Seriously?! Fusion VS Fusion?!" (Y/N) whisper-yelled.
"Shut up and go check out the front. I got your back." (F/N) said.
The (E/C)eyed girl nodded and stepped forward.

"Listen, if anything happens, activate the machine and push (Y/N) into the portal. Go with her. Got it?" the (F/E/C)eyed boy told his dragon. It growled in understanding.
"Nothing here. Did you- (F/N)!" yelled (Y/N), changing her tone mid sentence.

A bunch of Fusions tackled (F/N) to the ground, a few of them wanted to get (Y/N), but Venom activated the machine and pushed her into the portal.
"Don't give up (Y/N)!" were the last words (F/N) said to the girl, before she disappeared to the other dimension.