Part Ten: A Whole New Issue

When the bar of Hazbin Hotel was shut and Husk has trouble sleeping he often took a bottle of cheap booze up to the rooftop. The view of Pentagram City was serene under the dark side of the moon. He often came up here to think things over whenever something other than his alcohol intake was keeping him awake. The whole talent show and performing magic tricks tonight had got the demon cat thinking about his father and the life he had lived before becoming trapped in Hell. He really had made a complete mess of things both in life and death..

Husk took a long drought in a vain attempt to drown out the pain of loss and failure he felt in his heart. He had always used alcohol as a coping mechanism but tonight it didn't seem to be working. He frowned deeply to himself before it changed into a look of confusion at the sound of grunting. A small pale pink clawed hand revealed itself, gripping the edge of one the wooden spokes surrounding the turret roof he was perched on. It was joined by a second then a third that made him blink before the head of Angel Dust revealed itself, he was clearly straining as he hauled himself up before blinking once all four of his arms were steadying his weight.

"Oh. Shit. Sorry, I didn't realise this bit was taken.." The pale pink spider demon cringed a little. "I can go somewhere else." He was about to climb back down when Husk spoke.

"Stay if you want. I don't care.."

"You sure?" Angel quirked his brows and this made the hulking cat demon roll his eyes, lean forward and seize one of the spider demons dainty wrists and easily haul him up, dumping him on the roof next to him. He smirked a little as Angel quickly picked himself up into a sitting position.

"It's fine.." Husk grunted returning to his initial position which was hunched forward, his free arm resting on one knee while the other white toed foot was casually out in front of him. His long tail with red and black plume was curled lazily around him as his wings remained curled up at his sides.

"You up here for the view too?" The cat demon eventually asked after the two sat in a moment of silence.

"That and to snort dust in peace without the broads gettin' in my face.." The spider demon drawled looking somewhat annoyed as he pulled out a small pinch of drugs he had up the sleeve of his pink sweater. "You ain't got a problem with this, right?"

"Do I look like I give a shit.."

Angel grinned lining up a small line of the white powder then snorting it and exhaling with a sigh.

"See, that's what I like about you, you don't give a fuck about anythin'. Your not raggin' on me to better myself or be someone else. You just accept things as they are.." The spider demon exhaled heavily looking a little sad. "I wish I was more like you.. Then maybe my life here wouldn't be so fucked up."

"We all have fucked up. That's why we're here.." Husk responded with a frown. "Including me."

"I know but ya ain't sellin' yaself to make a little moolah just to keep ya body pumped in drugs.." Angel Dust said with a slight smirk before it vanished into worry, "And ya ain't usin' this place to hide out from the guy who ya in debt to.."

"True but the guy I'm in debt to is standing in the lobby on standby." Husk retorted gruffly, his scowl made his long plume-like red brows join in his forehead.

"You too huh?" The spider demon exhaled softly knowing exactly what this meant.

"Yup." Husk grunted taking another swig of booze.

"So how'd ya get mixed up with Smiles anyway?"

"I dunno.. He's popped in and out my life here in Hell so often I can't really remember what started it.. He just summons me when he wants something then leaves me when it's done and returns when he wants something else with no warning." The cat demon said, he honestly couldn't remember making the deal that started it all. He was probably stupidly drunk at the time. Would certainly explain a few things.