Part Nineteen: Accepting Things As They Are

~: For Lee-The-Hedgehog36 who pushed me when I needed it most.. this one is for you

Angel Dust just stood on the front step. Stunned.

No way, no way...... No fucking way! It couldn't be..... No fucking way!

It couldn't be true... could it?

He sighed heavily, smacking his face and groaning into his small dainty hand. He wasn't going to get answers standing here all night and he couldn't let Valentino's words get to him. He would have to find out the truth and the only way to do that was to go and confront Husk about it. With a deep cleansing breath the lithe spider demon pushed down on the gold handle of the half stain-glass door and walked inside.

"Oh. Tony, your right on time. I was just coming to lock the doors.." The low voice of Husk stated as the cat demon with his wings furled in close to his back had stopped in his tracks right in front of him, one hand holding the keys to the main doors. "Figured you were just gonna sneak back in through your window. Or hell forbid, mine.." He added side-stepping the much slimmer demon and locking the doors. Since Angel had in fact broke into his bedroom the night before and spent the whole night there this wasn't outside the realm of possibility.

"Um.. Husk do ya think maybe—"

"You look like you could use a drink. Hold on.." Husk immediately moved back to the reception desk, hung the keys back up on their assigned hook before turning to the desk and picking up his bottle of Cheap Booze. He the held it out towards Angel with a slightly wry smirk. "Don't ask me for a glass, I can't be fucked opening the bar just to get one."

Despite his jangled nerves and confusing  emotions the pale pink spider laughed softly at the words.

"Hey, I ain't that high maintenance.." Angel replied accepting the bottle and sitting down on the comfy gold chair upholstered in a bright cerise colour that stuck out from the deep red walls around them.

"Good answer. So, what drags you in so late looking like shit?" The demon cat queried as Angel took a large gulp of the strong tasting booze.

"Valentino." The spider exhaled offering Husk his bottle back. "He called when I was on my way to meet Cherri and I answered.." He watched the alcohol dependant demon before him drink from the bottle still finding it difficult to believe that this guy was the monster the Pimp Demon spoke about in his story.

"What he want?" Husk queried, his voice had a momentary inflection due to the high amount of alcohol in his system but he seemed pretty lucid despite this.

"He just wanted to talk.." Angel replied softly as top two arms rested on his knees letting his hands drop loose in front of him, his lower set just rested neatly along his thighs. "He wants me to fail this program.." He muttered letting out a sad sigh.

"Of course he does, then he gets to keep you.." Husk replied knowing there was no point in denying what he knew since the Pimp Overlord must have told him everything about the meeting between them all. A grimace marred his white-furred face and to stop himself saying more he took another swig out of his bottle.

"Husk.. I-If I ask ya somethin' will you give me an honest answer.." Angel asked in a low, gentle voice that showed just how raw and emotionally fragile he was feeling at this moment. His top two hands slipped upwards to rub his own upper arms gently in a loose self cuddle. His sad odd sclera pink eyes turning to the demon cat.

"Sure. Why not?" Husk responded assuming that the spider had figured out that he had made a bet with Vox over Angel succeeding or not. The repercussions of this had resulted in a furious Alastor laying into him afterwards then having to hide him away for two days while he healed under the Radio Demon's watch. What he said next however was the last thing he had expected to hear.