EIGHT

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

THE DOORS TO THE GYM pushed open, and all eyes were directed to the figure that entered. "Stefan..." Elena stared at him with a mixture of emotions on her face.

The vampire ignored her and faced the hybrid. "Klaus."

"Come to save your damsel, mate?" He asked with a sharp tone.

"I've come to ask for your forgiveness." Stefan calmly said, making his way towards the hybrid by the benches. "And pledge my loyalty."

"Well, you broke that pledge one already."

"Elena means nothing to me anymore." He tried to convince, still staring at Klaus. "And whatever you ask of me... I will do."

Klaus pondered for a few moments, before getting up on his feet and nodding. "Fair enough." He made his way to the trio that sat on the ground. "Kill them." He motioned to Dana and Chad, raising a brow when Stefan didn't instantly obeyed. "What are you waiting? Kill them."

Elena started to shake her head in denial, got up and looked over to Stefan. "No!" She refused. "Stefan, don't. He's not going to hurt me. He already said-"

Klaus interrupted her with a slap on her face, one that made her fall on the ground. "Oh, God." Morgan muttered. She was about to made her way to help Elena, but Stefan rushed at Klaus, who easily grabbed the Salvatore by the throat.

"She means nothing to you?" He scoffed. "Your lies just keep pilling up."

"Let her go!" Stefan chocked out. "I'll do whatever you want, you have my word."

"Your word doesn't mean much. I lived by your word all summer, during which time I never had to resort to this..." Klaus held his head in order to keep him still, forcing him to look into his eyes. "Stop fighting." He compelled, ignoring Stefan's protests. "I didn't want to. All I wanted was your allegiance. Now I'm going to have to take it." He held him even harder and continued the compulsion. "You will do exactly what I say when I say it. You will not run, you will not hide, you will simply just obey."

"Klaus is this really ne-"

"Morgan, don't." Kol warned, afraid what his brother could do to her in this state of mind. The girl gazed at him and he simply gave her a look.

"Now kill them, ripper." The original hybrid finished.

The Salvatore expression's changed. Veins popped under his eyes and his fangs came out. Stefan rushed to Dana's neck and fed on her until her body fell on the ground, lifeless.