ELEVEN

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

TO SAY THAT Morgan and Kol were perplexed was an understatement. After Sheila dropped that bomb at the two, they chose to follow Morgan's favorite way of dealing with problems: ignoring the elephant in the room. The duo knew that they eventually would have to actually talk about the whole soulmate situation they were caught up with, but right now, they dragged their attention and concern to the things happening with the Other Side. As for everyone, except for Morgan, still not being able to see Kol there was a simple explanation: he wasn't exactly dead. You see, Kol wasn't even supposed to be on the Other Side and, indeed, he wasn't. He was in some type of supernatural waiting room for it; a passing spot. The only thing that differed him from the other supernatural beings that went through that 'pitstop' was that as long as he had a dagger in his physical chest, his spirit would remain there, following his soulmate, Morgan, around, in order to protect her when necessary.

To close the door that the old witch had opened, the talisman she was draining power from had to be destroyed. The talisman turned out to be Elena's necklace, the one that had belonged to Rebekah and it was lastly, according to the Gilbert girl, in the possession of Damon Salvatore. So there Bonnie, Caroline and Morgan were, at the Salvatore boarding house searching for the jewel in Damon's room. The three had teared the place up, but the necklace was still nowhere to be found.

"You know, now that you have a physical foothold here you could help us." Morgan closed the last drawer of Damon's wooden dresser.

"Now, why would I do such thing when I can just stay here drinking Damon's bourbon?" Kol gazed at the girl who now stood staring at him, her arms akimbo.

"Okay, let's just find it first and then we'll choose between the boyfriend-ghost dramas." Caroline said before she hung up the call with Elena.

Bonnie gave her a look. "What are you talking about?" Caroline turned to face the Bennett witch.

"Um... Lexi's back. So Elena wants us to hold off on destroying the necklace." Caroline bit her lip.

"You said boyfriend-ghost dramas. Plural." Bonnie narrowed her eyes at the eldest Forbes as she pointed out. "What is it, Caroline?"

"O-of course I was referring to Morgan and her whole... Mikaelson-boyfriend... bond situation... type of... thing." Caroline tempted to sell her lie. Her nose scrunched up, like it always did when she didn't speak the truth.

"Boyfriend? Kol Mikaelson? In his dreams." Morgan spat, making Kol look at her with an offended face.

"Ha. That's so funny." He said in a monotonous tone. "You'd be bloody lucky to be my girlfriend."

"Oh really? I don't think I'd be lucky at all, considering you're a ghost." She talked back.

Kol mumbled a 'touché' and sipped the bourbon bottle.