𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖶𝖨𝖫𝖳𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖫𝖮𝖳𝖴𝖲

𝖠𝖱𝖢 𝖮𝖭𝖤

" 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖫𝗈𝗍𝗎𝗌"

𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 four

ነየልርቿ ጌዪቿልጕ

The thing about Cultivation is that, at one point, you can become immortal. Although no one has succeeded in ascending to the Heavens from their mortal beginnings the past centuries or so, it was possible.

Nowadays, cultivators just becoming less vulnerable. Less likely to become sick, to be affected by simple poisons, get easily hurt or wounded, and more likely to stay younger and age slower, faster recover rate and etc.

These days, Sect Leader Jiang Wanyin the Sandu Shengshou and Wielder of Zidian, has catching sickness like a non-cultivating mortal lately.

Something was wrong.

ነየልርቿ ጌዪቿልጕ

Y

u Mei is a six-feet tall woman made of pure lean muscle, and is always dressed sharply in pants with her hair tied up in a ponytail. Sharp cheekbones, strong eyebrows and piercing magenta eyes that she and his mother share were inherited from their Meishan Yu clan, she had reminded him so strongly of his mother so much it took years to properly look at her.

A distant cousin of his, Jiang Cheng took her in after he found her starving and beaten unconcious by the servants for being abandoned by the main branch of the family. She had been mute ever since her mother had died and had barely responded to anyone that they had thought her mentally ill and crazy. Abandoned, she had been regularly beaten and starved by the servants until the day he found her and took her in.

When she had woken up and found herself in Lotus Pier, she tried to attack him. She failed and she cowered at thr wall like a defensive, snarling animal terrified of her life.

He was neither soft or warm towards her, but he was gentle. It took a lot of patience, and time, until Yu Mei stopped looking at him as a threat.

Years later, proving herself intelligent and capable, Yu Mei trounced most of the other disciples of her age with her poison skills and speed. A young, but budding genius of nineteen years old, Yu Mei was his most trusted disciple.

So when he asked her to call a healer in secret, she did without questions.

By the time night fell, she poisoned the healer to suffer memory problems and sent him on his way and gathered the inner, senior disciples worthy of trust to hunt for medical books and scrolls regarding on his... condition.

A woman of winter, ice and sharp daggers, Yu Mei is always calm, elegant and in control. Never a hair out of its place, and a nonexistent temper. Cold, calculating and cutting. She does not cry, does not look ready to weep and does not look horrified unlike the others who did.

But she stayed by his side, kept him company as they talked about nonsense in the middle of the cold night.

It was more than enough.

ነየልርቿ ጌዪቿልጕ

The golden core he had not asked for (never asked, not this one- this had been forced on him, a decision made not by him, and always, always had been forced on him) sits in his chest for so many years, and is slowly self-destructing.

Jiang Cheng could remember it all so quickly. The sword Suihua who sealed itself for so many years and rejects everyone, but him. The thinly disguised anger in the dead man's voice, telling him the truth of the lie that he has believed for many years, as if he had the right to be angry-

"Because the golden core that is revolving inside you right now is his!"

The denial that followed, despite knowing it was the truth, and how everything finally made sense.

Even now, many years later from that revelation, it still makes his stomache churn in unease.

The healer had said in just one look-

"You are falling apart, Sandu Shengsou. The golden core in your chest is weak, ill and poison from your rejection. It has fallen apart and with its destruction, comes Death for you."

The Golden Core that he had once thought was a gift, a second chance, was actually a Lie that brought nothing good but death, even not sparing mercy to it's real owner.

Is he surprised that it was goimg to kill him? No, not really.

He was pretty sure he had been the one to cause it to slowly self destruct. With the knowledge of the truth, he had come to loathe it. Despise it. Curse it and feel nothing but disgust for it.

He had triggered it to self destruct.

He was slowly dying and it's all his fault.

Surprisingly, Jiang Cheng feels nothing. He isn't in shock, confused or anything like that.

He just... doesn't care.

ነየልርቿ ጌዪቿልጕ