twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE: ignored
December 21st 1995

It had been two days since Albus and his family + friends got stuck years in the past, ever since they had last talked to their parents everything had been uneventful... mostly because Albus hadn't talked to his boyfriend and he was rapidly becoming exasperated. Other than that: James and Lily have been talking to their parents about relationships and Hogwarts; Roxanne, Frank, Alice and Freddie told their dad all about the pranks they've pulled; Bill tried his best to get to know his three children; Ron has spent days playing wizards chest with Hugo and Lorcan, who frankly was just there cheering the boy on; Lysander usually joined Lily Luna unless someone was cooking, in that case, he helped; Teddy had his fill of tears while he talked to his parents and Sirius; Scorpius was god knows where; and lastly Hermione, Rose and Albus all read and tried to find some sort of 'time rift' spell.

One of the girls stumbled down the staircase leaning on her boyfriend for support. "Rox... come on... let's go get you some breakfast." Frank said, nodding his head towards the kitchen  "Sleep" Roxanne whined pointing a lazy finger at the couches. Freddie walked right past them rolling his eyes. "it's eleven baby." Frank insisted. By their side, James was carrying his girlfriend on his back. "Hey, Alice?" He said, in a sleepy voice. "Yeah?" Alice got down from him and then looked up to face James "I love you," he said, leaning into a kiss. Alice giggled and spoke in between the kisses. "I love you too.. idiot."

James nodded and held her hand as they walked towards the kitchen and towards their family. "You're beautiful." He said, Alice, took an apple from the counter and tossed it at James "Thank you love... you're sleep deprived." Freddie held his hands up in defeat as he paraded around the room. "Whats a man have to go to get a kiss and complement around here?" He asked Alice rolled her eyes "You're very pretty Freddie" she said, "Thank you, i know."

Hugo jumped and skipped down the stairs with a goofy smile on his face. "Lorcan!" He screamed, placing a kiss on the boy's cheek. Lorcan jumped a little before coming to his senses "Hugo? I thought you were still snoring." He said Hugo scoffed "Jerk!" Lily appeared behind them with a smile. Teddy, who had apparated her there, walked to Harry and Ginny who were beginning to prepare breakfast. Pancakes once again, a special request by- "Lily? Where's my brother?" Lorcan asked, looking around the room.

Lily shot them a proud grin. "I grounded him. He's locked in the room." She explained. Lorcan waited for her to elaborate but she didn't. "And why is that?" He asked. "He deserves it. Trust me." Lily said. Molly laughed at the scene in front of her, which naturally was Lorcan and Lily shouting while Hugo stood in between them like a wall. "I'm not even going to ask. Lysander, a hand?" She said,  "He's-" lily began but Molly stopped her- "grounded? Again?"  The girl nodded "Alright."

At the dining table, Sirius sat side by side with his best friend and Tonks. Teddy was in front of them, sporting the biggest smile."Tell us about your first game!" Remus rolled his eyes
"Sirius.." he warned, shooting an apologetic look at teddy who was taken aback by Sirius' enthusiasm. "I want to know my nephew," Sirius said while sticking out his tongue. "It's okay.. um, Harry came to watch me... it was great! Minnie said I played just like Sirius." Teddy said, he looked at his parents for approval and almost cried at the pride both of them had. "Hear that moons."

Teddy chuckled "But I left the time after my second year... it wasn't for me... besides my fie- Victoire kept winning." His voice caught on the half uttered word before going back to Vice name. "I started commentating. It was more for me... though I often get in trouble for using.. a few choice words." Remus raised an eyebrow but the gleam of pride I'm his eyes was unmistakable. Victoire, who sat in the other side of the table.. as far from teddy as possible, scoffed " a few? You cursed me out in the middle of a game! And then proceeded to ask me out." She said in a disapproving tone but at her lips tugged a smile. "Yes well-"

Albus had been moping around in the couch, he hadn't even noticed there were tears streaming down his face until Ginny came up to him "So.. hi," she said with a soft smile. "hello Mum." Albus nodded up at her and wiped his face. Ginny took a seat across for him. "You look upset." She prompted. Albus shook his head. "I'm fine, don't worry." He said through clenched teeth. "Come on tell me, I am your mum after all."

Albus shook his head. "No offence but we don't really do the whole 'heart-to-heart' thing back home either." He said. Ginny frowned, though it was unclear if it was because of what Albus said or if it was because she still wasn't accustomed to saying she's a mum. "But... Lily and James have both been really open with me. Am I not a good mum to you?" Albus sighed. He really wished Scorpius was by his side right now. "Look, i think it's great that you're trying to approach me now but both you and dad have your favourites and I'm not them. I don't really feel close to you."

He looked towards the staircase and his heart ached. When you meet someone as amazing as Scorpius and you spent every single day with them for five years, even two days apart can feel like hell. Albus was so deep in his own thought he didn't notice how upset Ginny looked. "Sorry, it's not your fault. We were never close. Once I got sorted and became friends with Scorp, the gap got bigger. We just never tried to fix it. And don't get me wrong, we talk and I love you but it's not- well, I don't trust you or dad much." He said, tripping over his words and using his hands to show how big he considered the gap to be.

Ginny sulked "It's weird to think that I and Harry would have favourites.. and be so rude about it." She said, looking towards her other two children and Harry. Albus nodded and followed her gaze. "James is your favourite... I get why, really, he reminds you of uncle Fred... he's your firstborn. It makes sense." He gulped down a bulge of sadness that was welling you in his throat. Albus didn't understand why he didn't usually care much for his parents.. he had Scorpius.  "Lily, she's dads favourite. She's the youngest.. the baby. Dad likes protecting her." He continued before Ginny could interrupt.

『Hey. I hope you enjoyed! How are you? You're so amazing, thank you for reading. Also, I will keep putting this; ¡¡ IF YOU ARE PROTESTING: read up on what to do if you get maced, wear protecting gear, film the police and people, and COVER YOUR FACE !! Please do my a favour eat and drink something if you haven't yet. And stay safe! I love you! You're super valid! Word count: 1,230 』