sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: spilt
December 22nd 1995
(Sorry for the delay, family stuff got in the way of me writing yesterday and the day before.)

The next day, Molly had called the group to the dining room for food as they waited for a call from.. well, the future. "We are about to call them so please: be in your best behaviour with Mr Malfoy," Molly said, looking directly at her youngest son who frowned. Hermione nodded while Harry pulled a face. Scorpius sighed. "I'm sorry I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Malfoy is... good?" Ron said as the words left his mouth his frown deepened. "Bloody ferret." He muttered, "I get it, it's okay." Scorpius said, under the table, Albus took his hand. "I don't see him being good at anything" Ron continued, taking a bite of his food.  Molly nodded, "and that's fair... but why don't we all just try to say one good thing about Draco Malfoy. Hermione, dear, you want to do first?"

Hermione looked up, she didn't even hesitate before stating that: "He's really good at school. Always right behind me in grades... every single course. Except for that rotten class." She said, gripping her fork tighter... of course, everyone in the room knew she was talking about Divination but nobody said it. "Ronald." Ron looked around the room with a mouth full and muttered: ".. he's average at quidditch, I think" in a defeated tone.

Harry's eyes widened as he realized it was his turn. He panicked. What could he say? Um. "he's a good kisser." And that was probably not the right thing. ".. what?" Albus asked with wide eyes, he stood from the table just like Scorpius, his siblings, and Sirius had done. Harry gulped "Huh? Nothing," he said. Sirius looked at Remus and then at Harry multiple times and then asked, in a very high pitched voice "am I... did you... why didn't.. tell us?"

"Dad, did you, um, just say what I thought you did?" Albus asked he wasn't even looking at his father. Albus was staring directly at his boyfriend as they had a conversation without even opening their mouths and it went a little like
Albus: 'you heard that or am I crazy?'
Scorpius: 'You are crazy...yes i heard.'
Albus: 'cant process this information'
Scorpius: 'stare at your dad.' Or he could've meant 'pay attention.' Albus wasn't completely sure.

Harry, in turn, just glued his eyes onto the wooden table and kept muttering: "No." as an answer to everything. "Mr Potter? Have you kissed my dad? Is that..." Scorpius said, his teeth were clenched and his face was bright red much like Harry's, though, you could actually see the colour in contrast with Scorps' pale skin. "Uh no?" Harry actually looked more confused than anyone else in the room. "Dad?" James prompted with a father amused expression.

"Someone else wants to say something good.." Harry said everyone else was just staring at him so he sighed and obliged. "Okay fine yes. I might've dated him... But it only lasted a month. We obviously don't end up together so I don't see the issue. I don't fancy him... we were just kind of experimenting?" His voice heightened towards the end but once he finished explained he let out a deep exhale and look pretty relieved to have that information out. Everyone had seated again though they continued to look at Harry with a mix of expressions. Lily remained standing. "I can't believe this! You never told us! What part of - 'no secrets between family, Lily. Tell us the truth. Did you help James blow up the kitchen?' - do you not understand?" She mimicked her fathers deeper voice as she quoted him. James burst out laughing, pointing at Albus and Scorpius and then at Harry. "James. Shut it." Albus warned.  "I'm sorry Al but this is too much!"

Victoire took a sip from her drink before speaking, she looked towards her cousin, eyebrows raised in curiosity. "What's he on about now? We know uncle harry is bisexual... and he and Mr Malfoy are good friends now, they're both married." She said, Harry, furrowed his brows and then nodded "That's what I am? Oh, that makes sense" he said, looking both happy he figured it out and confused... probably wondering how he handy come to that conclusion earlier since it was rather obvious. "we are all bisexual... it's not new. Except for mum, she's pansexual."

Rose looked between her uncle and best friend and also burst out in a fit of giggles, she almost fell off her chair. "Rose!" Scorpius exclaimed with a wild expression. Rose gave him a look but he couldn't really tell what it meant since she kept laughing: "Scorp, this hurts - ha -  me to say but - oh, Merlin - James is right! This is too much!" Every couple of words she stopped and let out another easy laugh. Albus scoffed, it wasn't that funny: so what if his dad dated his boyfriend dad when they were teenagers .. he and Scorpius had hidden their relationship for no reason because apparently everyone in their family was bloody gay... Albus let out a small giggle but it was more crazed than relaxed.

Hermione looked around the room confused, she turned to her daughter who sat by her side "What is happening?" Rose didn't answer. She stopped laughing, eventually, and looked towards her two closest friends. "Should we tell them?" Scorpius asked his boyfriend in a soft and loving tone he hadn't used much in public. Teddy noticed this "Tell them what? Albus? Scorpius?" He asked, looking directly at the boys for answers.

They both stood, facing Albus' entire family, and smiled. Scorpius slipped his hand into his boyfriend's harm and let Albus talk. "You see Ted, Dad, um me and Scorpius well. We're together. Like um romantically involved? But not like that. We are far too young... okay we aren't that young, that being said, we are currently dating." He stumbled and tripped over many words so it took Albus about five minutes to get to his point. "Good job Albus," Scorpius said with a teasing smile. "Shush." Teddy's hair had turned a brighter shade of teal, somehow he hadn't seen that coming, "That's wow... um," Dominique, on the other hand, had already figured they were together "so shocked." She said. Roxanne whirled on her brother "I told you so" she told him, opening his hand to receive the ten galleons Freddie owned her.

Frank raised his arm, he looked at Albus and then at Scorp "Wait- so Albus isn't dating that Ravenclaw bloke?" He asked, confused. Albus shook his head and Scorpius tensed "I hate that guy." He mumbled. Lily jumped up and down. "I knew it! You fucks! I totally knew it."

『Hey. I hope you enjoyed! ( even if it's a couple of days late ) thank you for reading. How are you? If you're struggling with anything don't hesitate to dm me... not gonna post my insta because I like my privacy but PMs exist on Wattpad and I'm completely free ( not a professional but I'm told I give good advice and I can listen if you need to rant ) AGAIN BLM; ¡ sign petitions, I'm sure you can it takes like three seconds! ¡ twitter accounts like @/human_expresso have threads with reliable petitions !!! ¡¡ IF YOU ARE PROTESTING: read up on what to do if you get maced and\or tear gas ( idk the difference ), wear protecting gear, cover any distinctive features like tattoos or dyed hair, turn location off in your phone, film the police and people, and YOU NEED TO COVER YOUR FACE !! Please do my a favour eat and drink something if you haven't yet. And stay safe! I love you! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH BABY! You're valid don't let anyone else tell you otherwise baby! Um also jk Rowling is a fuxking transphobic ass  bitch and if you still Stan her leave my page ( you can still enjoy the books but try not to support her / give her money. She don't deserve it ) Word count: 1,350』