fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: I know
December 21st 1995

Rose stood, she brushed her hands off on her high waisted jeans. "We should go..." She said looking towards the door, the two boys followed her lead. "yeah," Scorpius said in a disappointed tone, he just wanted to stay and snog his boyfriend forever. Rose sighed and pointed at Albus' waist. "Albus your shirt." She said, Albus quickly pulled the grey tee back down. "Thanks." As they all stood in the middle of the room, none of them wanting to go downstairs, Scorpius spoke: "Hey Rose you wanna talk about the- um, the lesbian thing?" He asked.

Scorpius had just realized that when Rose came out to them barely an hour ago he had brushed it over his shoulder. She shrugged "It's not a big deal, girls are hot." Rose said Albus offered helpful comments into this 'serious' matter like "mhm that they are" Scorpius hit him in the arm, honestly you try having feelings talk with these two that doesn't end up in shouts or gets interrupted midway because Albus kissed him. "yes... I suppose... though I would argue that guys but well, I just figured we should spend a little more time on the topic." Rose moved to place a hand on both of the boys' shoulders. "Scorpi, I appreciate it but there's nothing to talk about. Found out three years ago because, as I said, girls are hot." She shook him a little bit because she'd rather Scorpius be dizzy and unable to speak than have this conversation. Albus gaped "Three years ago!" He hissed.

Scorpius gained his senses, he was actually really easy to distract so he figured they should hurry with this and get to a point. "Rosie... you don't owe us anything but why didn't you tell us? Did you not think we'd support you?" He said, a flicker of hurt passed through his eyes but Rose elected to ignore it. "Of course I knew you would... I preferred not to go public with it. Once everyone knows I'm gay that's all they are going to see. I've worked too bloody hard to gain everything I have and I don't plan on it being brushed over everyone's shoulder."

Rose Nymphadora Weasley, Albus thinks, is the most hardworking person he'd ever met. Ever since Rose was a toddler she has been followed by the public... by the whole wizarding world. As the daughter of the minister of magic, she has always been pressured to get the most outstanding grades without even trying. Everyone assumes it's easy for Rose but Albus and Scorpius know it's not. While Rose is thought to be naturally smart, it's rather difficult for her to pass classes, you will often see her with a book in hand because she is constantly studying. Constantly trying to prove herself. Rose is seen as smart purely because of her curiosity and common sense... it has nothing to do with being book smart.

Roses' shoulders slumped as she finished her statement "Besides... I barely have time to date anyway." Albus gripped his wand. He went to hug his cousin but rose pushed away "It's not fair." Scorpius said. "I know. Trust me, I fucking know." Rose looked away from her friends, she looked so defeated. "Rosie.. we love you." Albus offered, he pulled lightly on Scorpius' arm to bring the blonds attention back to rose. "I know that too" Rose smiled at her best friends and thanked Merlin they stuck with her. Scorpius smirked, "Even if you can't date anyone.. do you fancy someone?" He asked, "We are done with this conversation." Rose said, looking around the room. Albus' eyes danced with amusement "You're no fun." Scorpius pouted and Rose rolled her eyes. "Where's my book? I didn't finish the chapter that McGonagall-"

Across the hallway, Harry was sitting in a room when he heard someone open the door. "Who's in the other room? I can hear muffled voices and there was shouting and then whispering." He asked with knitted eyebrows. Lily shrugged "I have no idea Dad," she said. Harry's ears turned pink at merely being called dad. "Anyways.. why'd you stop by?" Harry gazed back at Lily whose smile had a sad look to it. "Just wanted to talk... Mummy said she had a word with Albus and I wanted to know if you had heard. " Lily said, eyebrows raised leaning against a wall. She really tried not to talk about Albus without him in the room but sometimes it was necessary to pull some strings and get her family in order. "Oh. I don't think it's my place to talk to Albus about it... don't think he'd listen to me."

Lily crossed her arms around her chest and scoffed at her dad "You're his dad!" She screamed. "Wow. Had no fucking clue." Harry said because by now his immediate reply to shouting is closed off sarcasm and lily knows that. "I'm sorry for shouting... I've been trying to fix this 'rift' by myself for years and I'm just so tired" she said, rubbing her forehead and then using both her hands to gesture as she continued to complain. "James thinks it better to let it go and take care of Albus.. but Al won't let us."

They stayed quiet. It wasn't an awkward silence but lily was so glad when it was broken by a knock on the small window. Harry smiled brightly and moved to open it. An owl flew in. "Oh well hello, you're awfully cute. Who is this?" Lily asked she smiled at the animal. Harry chuckled "What do you mean Lily? That's just Hedwig. Come here girl" he said, grabbing some food for the owl from the desk. Lily tried to pet Hedwig but thought better of it. "she's adorable."

Harry frowned, he let the owl fly back into her cage. "You don't know her? You must" He asked, thought the answer would've been clear to anyone else. "I've heard of her, you're entirely fond dad." Lily kept her smile up as she looked at the owl. "Heard of her? Hedwig's supposed to survive. I've looked it up.. okay Hermiones looked it up. Owls do live that long. You must have met her."

『Hey. Ahh, sweet sweet family trauma that comes with the potters and Weasleys, gotta love it. I hope you enjoyed! (I looked it up, snowy owls live up to ten years in the wild but in captivity, they live to about 28 years. Also, this is fanfic let me live) How are you? You're so amazingly perfect and thank you for reading. AGAIN BLM; ¡ sign petitions, I'm sure you can it takes like three seconds! ¡ twitter accounts like @/human_expresso have threads with reliable petitions !!! ¡¡ IF YOU ARE PROTESTING: read up on what to do if you get maced and\or tear gas ( idk the difference ), wear protecting gear, cover any distinctive features like tattoos or dyed hair, turn location off in your phone, film the police and people, and YOU NEED TO COVER YOUR FACE !! Please do my a favour eat and drink something ( by something I mean water because sodas won't get you that far love ) if you haven't yet. And stay safe! I love you! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH BABY! You're super valid! Word count: 1,217』